Lightweight Browsers?

Goldensapling
Go to solution Solved by JAKEBAB,

Lynx :P

Hi, so I'm currently running a AMD Athlon 64 x2 4000+ and 2gb of DDR2 RAM since my main pc's motherboard is in repair, so what are some really lightweight browsers resource-wise? I've been using Firefox, but even that tends to slow things down. I just need something super light with bookmarking preferably, but not necessary. Any ideas?

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

People are going to crucify me, but IE.

People are going to crucify me, but IE.

*Starts gathering rocks* I sort of kinda deleted it.

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

*Starts gathering rocks* I sort of kinda deleted it.

Don't blame you.

EDIT: How did you do it?

Internet Explorer 11 is probably the best memory management browser out right now. But I'm assuming you're using a OS that doesn't support IE11. If that is the case, Opera and Firefox is going to be your best choice.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

When I was on an Athlon X2 3200+ last year, I used Firefox and it seemed to be pretty good. I was on Linux too though so that probably played a part in the performance I got.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Internet Explorer 11 is probably the best memory management browser out right now. But I'm assuming you're using a OS that doesn't support IE11. If that is the case, Opera and Firefox is going to be your best choice.

I'm actually on Windows 10, I needed an OS install and it was the only one I had :P

Lynx :P

Seems legit, I don't like CSS anyway :P

Don't blame you.

You can remove IE from "Turn Windows features on or off" from the Programs and Features panel.

s44lyhx.png

I'm actually on Windows 10, I needed an OS install and it was the only one I had :P

If this is the case then IE is your best option.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Don't blame you.

I used my trash detector robot to destroy all the viruses and garbage on my PC, funny enough, it only destroyed IE :P

If this is the case then IE is your best option.

*starts crying* You're probably right ;_;

My daughters pc is an emachines 1300 with 2 gig ddr2 and an athlon single core 2650e @ 1.6 ghz. I installed Linux LXLE on a 20 gig partition. Links2 is one of the lightest browsers available but there are several others. Once I ran nettamer on an OLD IBM 5150 and a 9600 baud modem and it actually worked good. Links2 will actually display pics and a little format so its not a true lynx like nettamer. A lynx is a text only browser by the way and usually requires a lynx friendly web site. Since her machine cannot run a youtube vid in any browser there is a lightweight youtube player that works also. Drudgereport  works well in either of these. I also used dillo and midori  and might be available for windows.