Win 8.1 Antivirus

fracking4oil

Has anybody found a reliable antivirus for Windows 8.1 Preview? I had Comodo previously, but ran into some issues that may have contributed to some of the problems forcing me to reinstall Windows. I tried Avast, but it won't install on 8.1 because it says it incompatible and Windows sends me to get an update to the same file. 

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

What's wrong with windows defender (formaly microsoft security essential in windows 7)? It's a solid & lightweight antivirus.

Has anybody found a reliable antivirus for Windows 8.1 Preview? I had Comodo previously, but ran into some issues that may have contributed to some of the problems forcing me to reinstall Windows. I tried Avast, but it won't install on 8.1 because it says it incompatible and Windows send me to get an update to the same file. 

I've had comodo for years! what went wrong?

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I've had comodo for years! what went wrong?

Compatibility issues. I am sure that they'll be fixed for the actual release of 8.1.  Avast is another one that has problems. Malware bytes seems ok.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Compatibility issues. I am sure that they'll be fixed for the actual release of 8.1.  Avast is another one that has problems. Malware bytes seems ok.

ahhk.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

If you got multiple computers in the house, I would just get yourself a mutli-computer license for Sophos Anti-virus. For 3 computers over a year, using the regular Buisness Edition version, it's $101.25 Canadian.

http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/buy-now/buy-sophos-online.aspx

I like Sophos because it's A: a very solid piece of anti-virus software, and B: uses so little system resources.

Windows 8 includes a pretty good Anti-Virus.

If you don't do safe web surfing, and you have tendency to click on "Allow" on User Account Control dialog boxes when you open movies and pictures no wondering why such item would even need Administrative privileges, or you in a system prone with users carrying viruses with them, then I would suggest to get an aggressive anti-virus like Norton. Cuts a lot of system performance out, but will detect everything.