1080p gaming rig

Hi 

Could you guys suggest me a PC configuration for 1080p gaming rig. I'm looking for a portable system preferably m-ATX or ATX. Also plan to overclock later on. 

How much money do you have to spend on it?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Hi 

Could you guys suggest me a PC configuration for 1080p gaming rig. I'm looking for a portable system preferably m-ATX or ATX. Also plan to overclock later on. 

The most important thing is your budget. How much do you have?

(for 1080p gaming two tian x are requierd)

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

I live in Norway. My budget is around 1500USD. I'm planning to use this for gaming and some software programming. 

I live in Norway. My budget is around 1500USD. I'm planning to use this for gaming and some software programming. 

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/2VP6gs

Your budget is big enough for a 980 and a i7 4790K so I would recommend something like this^

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/tDsDhM

Your budget is big enough for a 980 and a i7 4790K so I would recommend something like this^

You can't run a computer from 3 parts.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

updated. you need to look how the prices are around you maby less or more. The case and the cooler are your choice.

You can't run a computer from 3 parts.

Really?....good to know. Thankyou.

updated. you need to look how the prices are around you maby less or more.

I would add cooling. A hyper 212 evo would be good. If the OP wants to spend more then perhaps something from noctua or an aio water cooler

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

I would add cooling. A hyper 212 evo would be good. If the OP wants to spend more then perhaps something from noctua or an aio water cooler

I know but as you said he maby want's smth aio or noctua that is his job. 

aio adds potential error souces air is maby too high for his case...etc.

Really?....good to know. Thankyou.

What about the computer case and OS?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

OP, do you have a monitor already?

What about this? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gTxrsY

And some room in the budget for some fans and a CPU cooling of your choice, I'll add some more parts when I can find something good.

EDIT: Added stuff.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Awesome.. thanks guys... I'm planning for corsair 780T as case with Fractal Design Kelvin S24 CPU cooler... 

What about the computer case and OS?

his taste. if he wants a giant tower or a small micro atx case. I cant choose for him. There are hundreds of cases and I don't know his taste. OS? the cheapest win 7 he can get! (win 10 upgrade)

Yes I already have a monitor :)

The corsair AIO have a better Quality (h100i)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($315.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($26.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.10 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($534.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($12.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Gear Head KB2500U Wired Slim Keyboard  ($5.99 @ Micro Center)
Mouse: Zalman ZM-M200 Wired Optical Mouse  ($4.50 @ SuperBiiz)
Speakers: Cyber Acoustics CA-2016WB 3W 2ch Speakers  ($7.99 @ Directron)
Total: $1501.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-23 10:39 EDT-0400

I gave you the cheapest mouse, keyboard and speakers I could find on PCPartPicker, which you can happily change. I also would put a stronger cooler on there if you are wanting to really overclock it. It's all your choice though. The motherboard also provides you the ability to have SLI compatibilities and put another 980 in the future if you so wish to do that.

Happy Gaming! :)

Yes I already have a monitor :)

Just a suggestion

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($315.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($26.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($104.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.10 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($534.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($12.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC)

Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Amazon)

Keyboard: Gear Head KB2500U Wired Slim Keyboard  ($5.99 @ Micro Center)

Mouse: Zalman ZM-M200 Wired Optical Mouse  ($4.50 @ SuperBiiz)

Speakers: Cyber Acoustics CA-2016WB 3W 2ch Speakers  ($7.99 @ Directron)

Total: $1501.46

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-23 10:39 EDT-0400

I gave you the cheapest mouse, keyboard and speakers I could find on PCPartPicker, which you can happily change. I also would put a stronger cooler on there if you are wanting to really overclock it. It's all your choice though. The motherboard also provides you the ability to have SLI compatibilities and put another 980 in the future if you so wish to do that.

Happy Gaming! :)

Where is the SSD? and why win8.1? win10 is coming in some weeks. a cheap win 7 is enough till he can upgrade 4 free

Where is the SSD? and why win8.1? win10 is coming in some weeks. a cheap win 7 is enough till he can upgrade 4 free

It's not needed to have a SSD in the build. I put in a HDD, which would all he would necessarily need. If he would like to spend a little extra to purchase a SSD, he can do that. Again, if he wants to get Windows 7, he can get that instead of Windows 8.1. He may not want to upgrade to Windows 10, so the upgrading Windows will be offering may not be what he would like to do. Either way, he did not say which OS he preferred, so I provided him with the one that I use and recommend.