Refresh Rate and Monitor Opinion/Que

TheModMonster
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

It's 60Hz. It can do up to 75Hz but not at full resolution, you have to change it down to like 800x600 to enable 75Hz refresh rate.

Hello! I have been looking at monitors and came across these two.

Asus VK228H-CSM 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236289

Asus VX228H

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236358&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

The VK228H-CSM is 1080p with Apparently Quiet Built-in Speakers and a 1MP camera and 1 HDMI. The Refresh Rates say this: 

Horizontal Refresh Rate = 30-82 kHz

Vertical Refresh Rate = 50-76 Hz

Does that mean it is a a 76 Refresh Rate? Please explain this for me! 

The VX228H is 1080p with Apparently Louder Built-In Speakers with 2 HDMI and 60 Refresh Rate. 

Please read the spec sheet on the website I included. Please explain if it is a 76 or what. The webcam is kind of cool but I wouldn't use it much. I would much rather have 76 than 60 :P. I also won't use the speakers much, but I will need them. (I don't want to buy desktop speakers, but sometimes I am in the mood) I normally use my Kraken Pros to play games/music on. Which one would you get? Thank you for reading.

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

I use the VX228H and it has worked great for me so far. Going strong for a year and a half now. I think the refresh rate is around 60 but I don't mind. Then again I am not a hardcore gamer that the most out of their monitor. But it works fine with games like TF2, Shadows of Mordor, etc.

I use the VX228H and it has worked great for me so far. Going strong for a year and a half now. I think the refresh rate is around 60 but I don't mind. Then again I am not a hardcore gamer that the most out of their monitor. But it works fine with games like TF2, Shadows of Mordor, etc.

So you have the CSM? Please follow my steps, It really helps. Right click on desktop and press "Screen Resolution", right click on the 1 or 2 image of a monitor>Properties>Monitor Tab>And it should tell you your Refresh Rate. Please tell me your result.

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

Does anyone know if it is a 76 or 60?