locking frames in photoshop

is this possible? 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

What do you mean by "locking frames"? Did you mean "locking a layer" (to where you can't accidentally edit it)?

If so, yes, you can lock a layer in Photoshop.

What do you mean by "locking frames"? Did you mean "locking a layer" (to where you can't accidentally edit it)?

If so, yes, you can lock a layer in Photoshop.

no frames in the timeline 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

no frames in the timeline 

Well, your question is still a little vague. What are you trying to do? It sounds like you are trying to edit just a single frame (and have it not affect other frames). If this is correct, look for a setting called "unify" and play with that setting. If this doesn't answer your question, you will need to describe what you are doing and what you are trying to accomplish.

Well, your question is still a little vague. What are you trying to do? It sounds like you are trying to edit just a single frame (and have it not affect other frames). If this is correct, look for a setting called "unify" and play with that setting. If this doesn't answer your question, you will need to describe what you are doing and what you are trying to accomplish.

What I'm doing:

For a uni project I've decided to make an animation. I'm using pre recorded footage and tracing over it frame by frame to build my animation.

Why I need to lock frames:

Each time i create a frame, it effects all of them without them being highlighted. 

Note:please do not refer me to premier or after effects, that will not be constructive. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

Note:please do not refer me to premier or after effects, that will not be constructive. 

I understand, and I would never point someone in a different direction of software (I know how it is to work with what you have).

Like I said above, there is a setting that allows one to "disconnect" frames from each other (to where one can edit just one frame and not affect the others). Depending on the version of Photoshop, look for a setting called "unify". Here is a better description.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-frame-animations.html#unifying_layer_properties_in_animation_frames

I understand, and I would never point someone in a different direction of software (I know how it is to work with what you have).

Like I said above, there is a setting that allows one to "disconnect" frames from each other (to where one can edit just one frame and not affect the others). Depending on the version of Photoshop, look for a setting called "unify". Here is a better description.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-frame-animations.html#unifying_layer_properties_in_animation_frames

ty for the help, ill look into it and if it doesnt work ill just have to deal with it 

My Little Gaming Rig:

ty for the help, ill look into it and if it doesnt work ill just have to deal with it 

If you still have problems, you can always search online (YouTube) for videos about unifying the timeline.