Should I get Win 8.1 now?

Mecami

Hey I'm wondering, do you think it's worth it to buy a Win8.1 pro licence from G2A for 25€~ so I can upgrade to Win10 when it comes out?

Does it even work like that?

I'm currently on an "evaluation copy" of Win7...

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

For 25 euros is not that bad not to mention you get 1 year free for windows 10.I would say yes,it's ok to get it

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Yes. Yes.

For 25 euros is not that bad not to mention you get 1 year free for windows 10.I would say yes,it's ok to get it

You get 1 year to upgrade. And you can keep it forever. If you don't upgrade in 1 year you will have to buy w10.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

25 Euros?  G2A or that subreddit? I don't know how trustworthy those are, read a lot of stories where a 2nd install on the same PC revoked the license and calls to MS said they were fake keys >.<

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

25 Euros?  G2A or that subreddit? I don't know how trustworthy those are, read a lot of stories where a 2nd install on the same PC revoked the license and calls to MS said they were fake keys >.<

I got a few things off there and never had a problem.Not an operation system that is but with the games...well always fine

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Some digging around revealed this:

Dear Valued customer,

You have reached Microsoft Customer Service, South East Asia. My name is Rizky and I would address your enquiry. As I understand it, you have inquiry for Microsoft Windows 8 Pro from G2A website. If my understanding is inaccurate, please let me know.

For this information, we have to inform you that it is not recommended by Microsoft to make purchases of these softwares as they are not official and genuine versions that are support by Microsoft activation. Microsoft does not have any vendor agreements with G2A or any of it’s resellers and so this in direct conflict to the Microsoft software license agreement since they are not an authorized electronic supplier of genuine Microsoft software. We cannot verify the genuine sales of the G2A third party seller but without authorization from Microsoft they cannot be genuine supplier.

Sincerely, it was a pleasure helping you. If ever you need further assistance please don’t hesitate to send us an email and we will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Rizky

Customer Service Representative

Microsoft Customer Service, South East Asia (SEA)

Some guy received this as an answer, when he contacted Microsoft about this.

Either it's true or Microsoft just wantes you to buy it for higher prices from other retailers...

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

I got a few things off there and never had a problem.Not an operation system that is but with the games...well always fine

The Windows keys are highly likely MSDN keys, and your keys will be revoked once the seller stops paying MS for that access.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.