Help with my first Build

Go to solution Solved by TrickedProGaming,

because I already have 2x4GB at home and not in use. 

Do I have any disadvantage of it expact the fact that i can't add more without switching them?

There won't be any disadvantage of 4x4GB if you don't plan to upgrade later if you already have 2x4GB in your house. (Sorry for my late reply btw)

Hello Friends,

I want to build my first own PC. 

So here is my try:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2jbWdC

Important to know:

I am from Austria (so sorry for mistakes)

I use it sometimes for c4d and other similar stuff but the most time for gaming.

I have chosen this RAM because I already have a pair of them at home.

Btw I want to Overklock the whole system and I am not really sure if the Motherboard is suited for that.

For the Case I want to buy a Zalmann Z11 Plus (which isn't in partpicker) or the one i picked (Fractal ...) 

Please tell me what I could do better I can go around 100-200 bucks more but I don't want to if it's not a great improvment

Graphics card: Would the 970 SLI be a good choise?

Is there anything I need to buy (cables, fences etc)??.

Thanks for the help,

Matze

I prefer using dual channel (2x8GB) RAM instead of 4x 4GB. You wont get any advantage with Quad channel RAM with the i7 4790K. You also could add another 2 sticks in the future to get 32GB RAM. And I'd  get 2x GTX 970s instead of 1 GTX 980.  ;)

The rest of the build looks pretty good to me

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Best to buy he top gpu you can afford than you upgrade later down the track 

Magical Pineapples

Why not just get a 2x8gb kit of ram? 

I prefer using dual channel (2x8GB) RAM instead of 4x 4GB. You wont get any advantage with Quad channel RAM with the i7 4790K. You also could add another 2 sticks in the future to get 32GB RAM. And I'd  get 2x GTX 970s instead of 1 GTX 980.  ;)

The rest of the build looks pretty good to me

Do I have any disadvantage of it expact the fact that i can't add more without switching them?

There won't be any disadvantage of 4x4GB if you don't plan to upgrade later if you already have 2x4GB in your house. (Sorry for my late reply btw)

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black