Case Compatibility Corsair 500R

Vek1313
Go to solution Solved by SageC,

Well my dad is really good at that stuff so I would probably have him do it, because construction type stuff I am decent at drilling but my dad is better and that way I can blame someone if it is messed up ;) but I switched from the Corsair to NZXT for the better airflow and I feel like it is better quality, though I will be using the software for the K70 RGB keyboard.

Well if you're dad knows what he is doing it shouldn't be too difficult, just make sure you're precise in marking where the holes should go. I think overall the NZXT cooler is much better, it should give you better temperatures and the CAM software actually works which is always a bonus.

So to start off I wasn't sure where this goes since it kinda effects 3 different things. So in this pcpartpicker, my planned build, I want the NZXT x61 CPU Cooler but you can see the compatibility in the bottom: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Gsg2Lk(please don't pay attention to anything else in the build because I don't want to get into an argument or start a flame war because of a part I have chosen, I would just liike my problem to be solved as soon as it can be). So is the compatibility note there an easy thing to do with this and how would I go about doing that?

The case doesn't fit 280mm rads by default so you will have to take a drill and drill mounting holes for it. If you're not comfortable with modding I would suggest a 240mm rad or a different case.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

The case doesn't fit 280mm rads by default so you will have to take a drill and drill mounting holes for it. If you're not comfortable with modding I would suggest a 240mm rad or a different case.

How difficult would that be? Can I damage the case by doing this? If I can damage the case easily can you suggest 240mm AIOs?

How difficult would that be? Can I damage the case by doing this? If I can damage the case easily can you suggest 240mm AIOs?

Well, if you've never drilled holes in anything before it might be a little difficult. The drill could slip resulting in either a misplaced hole or a scratch in the paint.

H100i GTX isn't bad but the software isn't the best.

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Well, if you've never drilled holes in anything before it might be a little difficult. The drill could slip resulting in either a misplaced hole or a scratch in the paint.

H100i GTX isn't bad but the software isn't the best.

Well my dad is really good at that stuff so I would probably have him do it, because construction type stuff I am decent at drilling but my dad is better and that way I can blame someone if it is messed up ;) but I switched from the Corsair to NZXT for the better airflow and I feel like it is better quality, though I will be using the software for the K70 RGB keyboard.

Well if you're dad knows what he is doing it shouldn't be too difficult, just make sure you're precise in marking where the holes should go. I think overall the NZXT cooler is much better, it should give you better temperatures and the CAM software actually works which is always a bonus.

Ok thank you so much.