The ultimate set up for gaming...

Donnyboy98

Acer are nice especially the XB ranger. Good choice on the IPS and yeah 1ms > 5ms is barely noticeable I have a 5ms IPS and I can say there isn't that much of a difference.

Do you think pascal or the 300 series will have much of an improvement over the titan x?

Do you think pascal or the 300 series will have much of an improvement over the titan x?

At the moment 390X could pull the lead over the Titan X but the price is rumoured to be $700+ so hold out if you can until then just to see how they stack up against the Titian X if  they have a stupid price like 700+ then just grab a Titan or two :)

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

That's only like £500 Max which is cheaper than the titan. Its £667.99 on new egg hope it doesn't go up and hope Its not a deal. I'd be gutted if it went up a lot and means I've lost out on a great deal.

At the moment 390X could pull the lead over the Titan X but the price is rumoured to be $700+ so hold out if you can until then just to see how they stack up against the Titian X if they have a stupid price like 700+ then just grab a Titan or two :)

Hopefully the titan x goes down in price cause the 1 I was going to get has now says its unavailable for the UK.

Hopefully the titan x goes down in price cause the 1 I was going to get has now says its unavailable for the UK.

Yeah we get shafted in the UK when it comes to things like that..it's pretty disappointing :(

That's only like £500 Max which is cheaper than the titan. Its £667.99 on new egg hope it doesn't go up and hope Its not a deal. I'd be gutted if it went up a lot and means I've lost out on a great deal.

Now it's apparently $840 but AMD won't put it up for £500/600, from what I see there is a small difference in pricing between USD and GPB so I hope if it's $700/800 it hits the UK market at £600/700 or less.

SLI or Crossifre is not the Ultimate for games I don't think.  Before I had my current crossfire R9 290s, I had SLI 580s so i am experienced with both.

What I have found out from having SLI or Crossfire is that only some games support it, so unless your playing the same old games all the time it wouldn'tbe worth it. 

For example; AC Unity, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and many more was supposed to support multiple GPUs out of the box, months later and they still don't work. They make your game run worst to be fair.

I would choose a really reliable PC which can play every game on Ultra out of the box without worrying about Crossfire or SLI compatibility. Do you know how annoying it is to open a game, find it is broken, play with the settings for hours just to find out you needed to turn Crossfire or SLI off then it runs on Ultra again.

So I would say get One Titan X and link it to a 5960X and you have the Ultimate PC as it is the most reliable user friendly gamer rig. It is also the rig i am getting with my student "living" allowance in september lol. Maybe even add water cooling so I can overclock it to push its expectation further.

• Laptop: MSI GF65 + 16GB + 1.2TB + 2060 GTX + i7 9750H Display: 24" LG Ultra Gear 144hz Keyboard: Logitech G213 Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Sound Card: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 Speakers: Behringer CR4-X Other: Gaomon Graphics Tablet COOLING: Thermaltake Massive S14 Laptop Cooler

Yeah we get shafted in the UK when it comes to things like that..it's pretty disappointing :(

Now it's apparently $840 but AMD won't put it up for £500/600, from what I see there is a small difference in pricing between USD and GPB so I hope if it's $700/800 it hits the UK market at £600/700 or less.

I've even check on PC part picker the difference in price and its minus difference. Only 1049 got a titan x and its like 760 here in the UK and that's a bargain. On Amazon its 890+

I've even check on PC part picker the difference in price and its minus difference. Only 1049 got a titan x and its like 760 here in the UK and that's a bargain. On Amazon its 890+

Hmm, rolling for price cuts when the 300 series rolls out! :)