Pentium Anniversary + Motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

I should add that I did 4.5 ghz on the stock intel heatsink, so it could probably do more with an aftermarket cooler.

I've been planning to upgrade the cpu in my pc as my old one isn't doing the job and due to a low budget i am planning on buying the Pentium G3258 anniversary edition. My plan is to overclock this bad boy but i'm not sure as to what motherboard to buy. I have been looking at the Asrock Fatality H97 board but i wanted to ask if you'd have any better suggestions for the similar price. 

Any opinions would be appreciates. Thanks.

I've been planning to upgrade the cpu in my pc as my old one isn't doing the job and due to a low budget i am planning on buying the Pentium G3258 anniversary edition. My plan is to overclock this bad boy but i'm not sure as to what motherboard to buy. I have been looking at the Asrock Fatality H97 board but i wanted to ask if you'd have any better suggestions for the similar price. 

Any opinions would be appreciates. Thanks.

my go to motherboard for that processor has been the asus H87m-e. I have two. the first required a BIOS update before it would overclock the G3258(was bought for an I3 machine long before) but the second had an updated BIOS and would overclock out of the box. I hit 4.5 ghz no problem and the features on this board are quite nice for the price.

I should add that I did 4.5 ghz on the stock intel heatsink, so it could probably do more with an aftermarket cooler.

Thanks man, really appreciate it :D

I have mine in an MSI Z87m-G45 GAMING and it works beautifully. Good overclocking too

Current Rig

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0ghz MOBO: MSI Z87m-G45 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120v GPU: MSI R9 270x PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Case: Corsair Air 240 (modded) SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb HDD: Samsung 1tb Apple Hard Drive Mouse: Razer Naga 2014