would someone help me build an entry level pc for fps games?

something that would be on par with an xbox one, as thats what i currently game on, so id be content with something that would run with the same settings that it would get. i have a mouse and monitor already..but no keyboard. and if i had to pick a color scheme for the build it would be red and black. 

*PRO TIP* neon lights do in fact make your rig faster!

something that would be on par with an xbox one, as thats what i currently game on, so id be content with something that would run with the same settings that it would get. i have a mouse and monitor already..but no keyboard. and if i had to pick a color scheme for the build it would be red and black. 

Budget? Games you'd like to play?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Budget and location?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Budget and location?

i dont have a budget as of now, im going to be saving up for this. likely buying it piece by piece. but as long as it can handle battlefield 4 at 30 fps and not get potato resolution. like i said id like to aim for something that would get the same quality as an xbox one. it plays battlefield at 900p which is a weird resolution, and 30 fps. and i live in the united states

i dont have a budget as of now, im going to be saving up for this. likely buying it piece by piece. but as long as it can handle battlefield 4 at 30 fps and not get potato resolution. like i said id like to aim for something that would get the same quality as an xbox one. it plays battlefield at 900p which is a weird resolution, and 30 fps. and i live in the united states

Don't buy it piece by piece.  By the time you buy your last part, the first few parts would have come down in price.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Don't buy it piece by piece.  By the time you buy your last part, the first few parts would have come down in price.

yeah, good point

Here, this should destroy a Xbox One

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Micro Center) 

Total: $411.81

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-19 00:10 EDT-0400

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Then again, most things would rek an xbox one.  Luke on LTT couldn't underclock his five year-old GPU to get performance as bad (or funky) as a "next gen" console.  This is one of those #pcmasterraceproblems moments.

When will you be ready to buy? If it's not anytime soon(< a week) the builds posted here will likely become obsolete price wise.

Although, to be honest, I've found that in this price range for a cpu, AMD pulls ahead (just cuz AMD is budget king, not hating on the pentium).

Although, to be honest, I've found that in this price range for a cpu, AMD pulls ahead (just cuz AMD is budget king, not hating on the pentium).

AMD barely wins and then he doesn't have an upgrade path to an i5

It really depends on the game. In newer games which need multiple cores to run well I would take the 860k over the G3258 any day to get rid of the stuttering problem. You can't say if the OP wants an upgrade path, but it is nice to have.

It really depends on the game. In newer games which need multiple cores to run well I would take the 860k over the G3258 any day to get rid of the stuttering problem. You can't say if the OP wants an upgrade path, but it is nice to have.

Budget and location?

i do eventually plan on upgrading to an i5 and then an i7.  but i dont plan on buying this anytime soon though, i most likely will be making my purchase during the late summer. but wether its this build or not, im not sure, i wanted to get a bit of insight on what a computer equivelant, or at least something close to an xbox one would be. what are your guys opinions on the pentium build? good for entry level first person shooter gaming? i would imagine when im getting around the time to make my purchase, all these parts would be even cheaper. which gives me more room to maybe buy a headset and decent keyboard.

i do eventually plan on upgrading to an i5 and then an i7.  but i dont plan on buying this anytime soon though, i most likely will be making my purchase during the late summer. but wether its this build or not, im not sure, i wanted to get a bit of insight on what a computer equivelant, or at least something close to an xbox one would be. what are your guys opinions on the pentium build? good for entry level first person shooter gaming? i would imagine when im getting around the time to make my purchase, all these parts would be even cheaper. which gives me more room to maybe buy a headset and decent keyboard.

I would suggest to wait until you're ready to buy and post again. Whether or not the parts will be cheaper is unknown. It's likely it won't be a huge deal different from what you can buy today. 

If by FPS you mean multiplayer games like BF4, you really want an i3 as a minimum. If you're opened to buying used parts you can get an i5 2500k, which will perform just as good as the latest i5s when overclocked, for around $120 and a decent matching motherboard around $60. Other wise you would need to buy a haswell i5 which start around $180 and a matching h97/z97 (assuming haswell refresh) board and be stuck with your CPU once you upgrade. You could try selling it but you'd end up losing money either way. If you're serious about PC gaming you really want to start with an i5 (2nd to current gen) initially and not have to worry about upgrading later on.

The pentium is certainly a pretty good choice for entry level FPS gaming that will stomp a console any day.  There is also a CM storm peripheral combo that isn't supposed to be going on right now that includes a keyboard and gaming mouse.  It was meant for gamers on a budget, and has 7 color backlighting to match different builds, and a decent mouse and keyboard.  If you feel strongly about mechanical switches, however, it may not be for you, because the keyboard is membrane.

The pentium is certainly a pretty good choice for entry level FPS gaming that will stomp a console any day.  There is also a CM storm peripheral combo that isn't supposed to be going on right now that includes a keyboard and gaming mouse.  It was meant for gamers on a budget, and has 7 color backlighting to match different builds, and a decent mouse and keyboard.  If you feel strongly about mechanical switches, however, it may not be for you, because the keyboard is membrane.

could you link it?

could you link it?

Sure, here is the link to a video review from Jayztwocents, as well as the amazon.com link: 

Review: 

Buy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P04ARC2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00P04ARC2&linkCode=as2&tag=jayz05-20&linkId=7BWYU2BGDG4WQJVU

(Hope that this helps).

Sure, here is the link to a video review from Jayztwocents, as well as the amazon.com link: 

Review: 

Buy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P04ARC2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00P04ARC2&linkCode=as2&tag=jayz05-20&linkId=7BWYU2BGDG4WQJVU

(Hope that this helps).

i already have a mouse, does it have to come with the mouse? 

i already have a mouse, does it have to come with the mouse? 

I do not know (A bit of googling should solve that, though.)