I need a new Motherboard and CPU

Straya

Hey everyone, I recently brought a new Graphics card (linked below) But I'm definitely not getting the desired preformance nor the max potential from it because my CPU and Motherboard are, well, pretty darn old. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a new Motherboard and CPU that are compatible with my new Graphics card and one another. ^_^

Also, I only have a budget of $400 MAX. But I'd rather if it would only cost around $300. AUD (Australian Dollars)

Current (NEW) Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 270 Gaming 2GB

- http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1589&products_id=27170

Current (OLD) Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-970A-D3

- http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#ov

Current (OLD) CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60GHz

- http://www.amazon.com/AMD-4-Core-Processor-Socket-FD4100WMGUSBX/dp/B005UBNL0A

(I believe this is the right link for the CPU, but I may be wrong)

If possible, please use this link to find the recommended Mobo and CPU. THANK YOU! :D
- http://pccasegear.com/

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Hey everyone, I recently brought a new Graphics card (linked below) But I'm definitely not getting the desired preformance nor the max potential from it because my CPU and Motherboard are, well, pretty darn old. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a new Motherboard and CPU that are compatible with my new Graphics card and one another. ^_^

Also, I only have a budget of $400 MAX. But I'd rather if it would only cost around $300. AUD (Australian Dollars)

Current (NEW) Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 270 Gaming 2GB

- http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1589&products_id=27170

Current (OLD) Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-970A-D3

- http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#ov

Current (OLD) CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60GHz

- http://www.amazon.com/AMD-4-Core-Processor-Socket-FD4100WMGUSBX/dp/B005UBNL0A

(I believe this is the right link for the CPU, but I may be wrong)

If possible, please use this link to find the recommended Mobo and CPU. THANK YOU! :D

- http://pccasegear.com/

Go with an FX-6300 because that is really all you need to keep up with a R7 270 and you won't have to replace the motherboard.

I agree with @Zackney_TNT If you get the Pentium (which is only a dual core, but an extremely overclock-able one) now and a Z97 Motherboard that would allow you to later, once you have a bit more coin, upgrade to a 4690K (quad core and overclockable), or 4790K (quad-core with 8 threads).

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I agree with @Zackney_TNT If you get the Pentium (which is only a dual core, but an extremely overclock-able one) now and a Z97 Motherboard that would allow you to later, once you have a bit more coin, upgrade to a 4690K (quad core and overclockable), or 4790K (quad-core with 8 threads).

I also suggested an FX-6300. Won't have to replace the motherboard

Surely you understand an i7 is not even needed for an R7 270. He should be spending more money on that GPU before he even thinks about an i7

Surely you understand an i7 is not even needed for an R7 270. He should be spending more money on that GPU before he even thinks about an i7

Surely you don't understand that the OP offered a budget of 300-400 AUD so it's normal that people offer the best for the price.

Also he didn't specify what's the usage

This is a signature.

Surely you don't understand that the OP offered a budget of 300-400 AUD so it's normal that people offer the best for the price.

Also he didn't specify what's the usage

Whats with people these days getting what they can afford and not what they just need. Spend that 200$ extra on some real life stuff like your cat or wife.

Whats with people these days getting what they can afford and not what they just need. Spend that 200$ extra on some real life stuff like your cat or wife.

As said, the OP didn't mention what's doing with the build.

He could do some occasional video editing, which requires a good CPU, but we don't know.

This is a signature.

Thank you everyone for the responses, but please don't argue. I do agree with @Zackey_TNT, if I don't really need to buy a Motherboard, I'd rather not, I simply just need what ever will help make games run faster and smoother with a higher FPS at the lowest price I can. (not everyone has a ton of money they can spend on their PC, I only upgrade every few years or when I can actually afford it) If I only need a CPU to achieve that, then thats what I will do.

So, do you just think an FX-6300 would be enough for now?

As said, the OP didn't mention what's doing with the build.

He could do some occasional video editing, which requires a good CPU, but we don't know.

Sorry for not explaining very well, I do some occasional video editing, but I want more so to make my games run faster/smoother and at a higher FPS.

Sorry for not explaining very well, I do some occasional video editing, but I want more so to make my games run faster/smoother and at a higher FPS.

Then @Agazed suggestion would help you with render times and single threaded/CPU bound games.

This is a signature.

What about games like, Arma 3?

What about games like, Arma 3?

FX-6300 The GPU wont be able to play arma3 on max settings  I Strongly suggest not to go overboard with the CPU (Agazed) And instead improve your frames per sec by using the money you have left over after buying the FX-6300 to UPGRADE the GPU as that is what matters most in gameing

May i remind you i live in Newzealand and here the FX-6300 is 84$ which would be even lower for you plus its a 6 core and i have one video editing is a non issue render times for a 30 min video is about 15 mins

FX-6300 The GPU wont be able to play arma3 on max settings  I Strongly suggest not to go overboard with the CPU (Agazed) And instead improve your frames per sec by using the money you have left over after buying the FX-6300 to UPGRADE the GPU as that is what matters most in gameing

May i remind you i live in Newzealand and here the FX-6300 is 84$ which would be even lower for you plus its a 6 core and i have one video editing is a non issue render times for a 30 min video is about 15 mins

You kinda confused me? The Graphics card and CPU I have now can run Arma 3 on high settings decently and I get 45+ FPS on Standard settings, which still looks rather nice. I can somewhat play Arma 3 on max settings, I just get 12-20 FPS.

I just brought my graphics card so I'm not spending anymore money on that for atleast a year or two or until it dies and you might not think so, but it is actually quite a good Graphics card.

So, you recommend to just upgrade to a FX-6300?