Skratch PC case v2

Abel225

Looks awesome design. one thing i see and not sure if its an issue, but the mounting of the HDD / storage drives are vertical. i am not sure if this makes a difference to the way they work with them been a platter disc drive? i know you see a lot of SSD drives mounted vertically like this because they have no moving parts. 

maybe someone knows if a traditional mechanical disc type HDD works vertically mounted??? 

I googled if a mechanical drive can be orianted sideways. Every page I found said the it doesn't effect the drive enough to make a difference!

Intel core I5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-HD3, Gigabyte gtx 760, 8 GB corsair value ram, Thermaltake core v21, Thermaltake Smart 630W PSU

Alcatel OneTouch D5... IT WORKS!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BxMjTW  

I googled if a mechanical drive can be orianted sideways. Every page I found said the it doesn't effect the drive enough to make a difference!

I didn't even think about it causing a problem!!! Thank you! It seems that lasercutting would be a lot better. I tried cutting it with a flex and a jigsaw. both damaged the aluminium. So the only 2 options left are metal scissor or laser cutting. 

HDD don't really care what origination you place them in either horizontal or vertical as long as it's solidly mounted.

For cutting aluminum if it's fairly thin material a metal brake or shears are not bad, if it's thicker material you can just straight up use a table saw with cheappy wood cut blade that has carbide teeth, it will gum up a bit but still cuts amazingly well.

That's good then, it was just a thought, i didn't look much into it but you learn something new everyday :) 

you can get alloy sheet stamped out all depends on the equipment but laser is the most professional finish and you can program it to cut out lots of the cable management holes and stuff at the same time .

got to love Asus components