Future PC for summer!

[LONG TERM PROJECT FULL CUSTOM BUILD ON OTHER THREAD: Project CopperHead]

Well here is a project i plan on actually building soon(unlike Project Copperhead). This computer is going to need to beable to play games do work and shit videos on a daily bases but it also cant be a fortune to build(again unlike Project Copperhead).

But i have been taring down some old pcs laying around my house and selling them right now atm i have a motherboard ready to sell for 40$ and a psu ready to sell for 18$(thats a deal its worth 22$) 

so here is the list of parts i hope to build i have never build a PC before now but i have taken one apart and i think it will be easy with all the new parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dsKrCJ

here is the check list:

CPU        

MTHBD   

GFXCARD

PSU

CASE

COOLER

0/$880.77

If you building in summer then this will be outdated by then.

Wait for skylake and AMD 300

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

The Define S is a water cooling case, it's quite barebones, I'd use the Define R5

1 : Don't get a 960, get a 280

2 : Don't get a V300 SSD, they are SUPER slow.

3 : PSU is overkill, get a EVGA 600B

That's it, happy building :)

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

The Define S is a water cooling case, it's quite barebones, I'd use the Define R5

i eventually want to water cool so im going with the define s lol

Looking good! Saw copperhead, sounds cool.

Just a couple notes though: the V300 isn't the greatest. Just stay away. Also, I hope you have a haswell cpu to flash the BIOS on the Z87 before using a haswell refresh in it! It may come with an updated BIOS though, so just check if you can. Maybe think about getting an r9 280/280x instead of the 960? Bit better performance per dollar. You might want to dial back on the PSU unless you have SLI plans too.

I don't do signatures.

get a BX100 from crucial instead of a V300, most likely worth the 10$

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

1 : Don't get a 960, get a 280

2 : Don't get a V300 SSD, they are SUPER slow.

3 : PSU is overkill, get a EVGA 600B

That's it, happy building :)

ok thanks for the help will do

Looking good! Saw copperhead, sounds cool.

Just a couple notes though: the V300 isn't the greatest. Just stay away. Also, I hope you have a haswell cpu to flash the BIOS on the Z87 before using a haswell refresh in it! It may come with an updated BIOS though, so just check if you can. Maybe think about getting an r9 280/280x instead of the 960? Bit better performance per dollar. You might want to dial back on the PSU unless you have SLI plans too.

thanks man good thing i posted this before i bought anything lol

ok so heres the new list is this better than the first one? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MkjFhM

and if anyone can make a cheaper pc my goal is to play cs as 60 fps and be able to play gta v in general im open to using amd or intel as long as it can run both games and other games like minecraft and such but my i3 @ 1.80 GHz can handle minecraft lol

thanks man good thing i posted this before i bought anything lol

Lol definitely good. Just consider what Goldensapling and I said, and it's off to the races! ...the overclock races that is!  ;)

I don't do signatures.

Lol definitely good. Just consider what Goldensapling and I said, and it's off to the races! ...the overclock races that is!  ;)

i mean im open to any build as long as it can run cs: go at 60fps and can run GTA V. If you have a build that would work better (keep in mind i have a $1100 budget) im open to using amd or intel or anything that can run cs: go at 60 fps and any other game on any quality at least 30 fps 1080p

i mean im open to any build as long as it can run cs: go at 60fps and can run GTA V. If you have a build that would work better (keep in mind i have a $1100 budget) im open to using amd or intel or anything that can run cs: go at 60 fps and any other game on any quality at least 30 fps 1080p

Hmm... $11000 USD you say? I'll be right back with what i'd consider to be worth considering  :)

I don't do signatures.

and cheaper the better lol

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v3ggxr this is if you want it to last for awhile and be good in 4ish years. You can downgrade to 120gb SSD if wanted

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q4YjQ7

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($60.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($349.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1070.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-16 23:57 EDT-0400
Yeah I splurged on the case, and kept your original slightly overkill PSU, but you can go for SLI in the future at least with that PSU. I've heard mixed opinions about the MOBO, but that white and black color scheme there, with that all black psu and black wire.... absolutely wicked. You can up the SSD to a ~250GB MX200 or something if you want too. that'd be a bit more than 1100 though.

I don't do signatures.

I really like @DarkBlade2117 's build too though. Either way you're set.

I don't do signatures.

I really like @DarkBlade2117 's build too though. Either way you're set.

ok im going with yours lol its really nice just over 1100!

unless there is someone who post a better build and someone points it out im going with that one

i might change the case to the define s because i plan on watercooling in the future

well heres the build im going with for now until one of you guys change it or make a better list this is what im going with!

well heres the build im going with for now until one of you guys change it or make a better list this is what im going with!

which one?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

i might change the case to the define s because i plan on watercooling in the future

Great idea, Linus may not have showed it much love, but Jay couldn't keep from showering praise upon it looking at it from a watercooller's perspective.

I don't do signatures.

Great idea, Linus may not have showed it much love, but Jay couldn't keep from showering praise upon it looking at it from a watercooller's perspective.

yea i have probably seen the vid 4 times lol i love jay and linus but jay is for sure the best youtuber for watercooled pcs

yea i have probably seen the vid 4 times lol i love jay and linus but jay is for sure the best youtuber for watercooled pcs

Right on!  :D The water cooling god of YouTube they call him.

I don't do signatures.