PHP - header won't redirect - Need help

Voids

Okay so here is my code from the Login_check.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?php$errorUsername='';$errorPassword=''; if(isset($_POST['submit'])){if (empty($_POST['myusername'])) {$errorUsername = "Username is invalid";} if(empty($_POST['mypassword'])) {$errorPassword = "Password is invalid";} else{$host = "xxxxxx";$database = "xxxxxx";$username = "xxxxxx";$password = "xxxxxx";$table="xxxxxx"; // Table name $con= mysql_connect("$host","$username","$password") or die ("Unable to connect");mysql_select_db("$database") or die ("unable to connect to the database"); $myusername=$_POST['myusername']; $mypassword=$_POST['mypassword'];  $myusername = stripslashes($myusername);$mypassword = stripslashes($mypassword);$myusername = mysql_real_escape_string($myusername);$mypassword = mysql_real_escape_string($mypassword);$sql="SELECT * FROM $table WHERE Username='$myusername' and Password='$mypassword'";$result=mysql_query($sql);  $user_count=mysql_num_rows($result);  if($user_count == 1){session_start();$_SESSION['login_user'] = $myusername;header("http://gamingglobal.comuf.com/index.php");}else {$errorUsername = "Username is invalid";}}}?>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is my login form in the login.php-------------------------------------------------- <table width="990" border="0" align="center">            <tr>              <td align="left" valign="top"><table width="788" border="0" align="left">                <tr>                  <td height="84" valign="top" class="maincontent"><form name="form1" method="post" action="PHP files/Login_check.php">                    <p> </p>                    <table width="780" border="0">                      <tr>                        <td width="88">Username:</td>                        <td width="682"><label for="myusername"></label>                        <input name="myusername" type="text" id="myusername" size="60"></td>                      </tr>                      <tr>                        <td>Password:</td>                        <td><label for="mypassword"></label>                        <input name="mypassword" type="password" id="mypassword" size="60"></td>                      </tr>                      <tr>                        <td> </td>                        <td><input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Submit">                        <input type="reset" name="reset" id="reset" value="Reset"></td>                      </tr>                    </table>                    <p> </p>                  </form></td>                </tr>              </table>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know why it won't redirect then please let me know. On another site it works fine (created the other one).
I know if I'm logged in because it I manually go back to the index page then the login hyperlink has changed to a log out and it only does that when it picks up a session :).
Edited by colonel_mortis
Code tags

What are you trying to do exactly? Redirect to a webpage after you use this? use this instead:

header("url=URL_Replace")

It should work now.

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

What are you trying to do exactly? Redirect to a webpage after you use this? use this instead:

header("url=URL_Replace")

It should work now.

Nope it doesn't redirect it to the index page :/ it just shows this when I click the submit button:

http://gamingglobal.comuf.com/PHP%20files/Login_check.php

This is what I have in the php file now:

header("url=http://gamingglobal.comuf.com/index.php");

Change

if($user_count == 1){session_start();$_SESSION['login_user'] = $myusername;header("http://gamingglobal.comuf.com/index.php");}

to

if($user_count == 1){session_start();$_SESSION['login_user'] = $myusername;header("Location: http://gamingglobal.comuf.com/index.php");}

That's what it was like, the formatting just messed up when I copied it across :/

EDIT: I'll be damned it worked... thanks.. I just recopied yours for verification and it worked...

btw I tried logging in on the website not sure if it'll break your database or something just thought I'd let you know

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

btw I tried logging in on the website not sure if it'll break your database or something just thought I'd let you know

Haha nope db is still fine buddy  ;)

That's what it was like, the formatting just messed up when I copied it across :/

EDIT: I'll be damned it worked... thanks.. I just recopied yours for verification and it worked...

You didn't define the header as a redirect by adding the "Location" class before the URL.

You didn't define the header as a redirect by adding the "Location" class before the URL.

Ahh so I didn't thank you :)

:( as I mentioned in pm... Please. Please. Please switch to using PDO or mysqli. :'(

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

:( as I mentioned in pm... Please. Please. Please switch to using PDO or mysqli. :'(

this. in college i have to build a web based app for managing a rugby team and the server thinks it's in 2004 and is running such an old version on php i'm considering exploiting it lol

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

this. in college i have to build a web based app for managing a rugby team and the server thinks it's in 2004 and is running such an old version on php i'm considering exploiting it lol

Don't. I work for network operations at a college. Do not exploit their server. It will only cause trouble for you--including possible expulsion (yes, I know, it's dumb). Email your helpdesk/netops team and alert them.

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

Don't. I work for network operations at a college. Do not exploit their server. It will only cause trouble for you--including possible expulsion (yes, I know, it's dumb). Email your helpdesk/netops team and alert them.

Yeah i know i'm not planning on doing it but the college support is useless they are running ages old version on java, i've been there 2 years and still getting the same update....

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Yeah i know i'm not planning on doing it but the college support is useless they are running ages old version on java, i've been there 2 years and still getting the same update....

There's probably a reason. A ton of backend enterprise apps for college are incompatible with newer Java versions.

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer