ssd too slow

dome

I have a corsair force gt ssd installed in my system. The tech specs sheet says that it should reach around 550mb/s sequential reads but I only get like 250 when testing it with as ssd benchmark. Can anyone help me?

It's in a SATAII port I bet.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No, I'm pretty sure I have it connected to a sata 3 port. I have a gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 mainboard and have the ssd connected to one of the white ports.

I'll do a quick search.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

If you reference your manual, are the white ports 6Gb? Also, what cable are you using? SATAIII?

Yes, the white ones are the intel sata 3 ports and on the cable it says "6gbps/3gbps".

Did you disable trim and all those random os things?

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I'd look at updating the firmware if all is oh it is supposed to be and you still get low speeds...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

It's been a while since I have reinstalled my os. But I'm pretty sure I didn't change any of the standard settings (windows 7 64-bit ultimate). Should I change something?

just updated the firmware and still have the low speeds

you should so so when running windows 7, windows 8 does most of the things automatically

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

you should so so when running windows 7, windows 8 does most of the things automatically

What does he need to change ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

okay so can you tell me what exactly i should change?

okay so can you tell me what exactly i should change?

Don't disable anything in Windows, no OS settings will slow your drive down like that. (I did a lot of testing on this with my 840 Pro)

As YoYo155 said, make sure your SATA mode is set to AHCI in the BIOS. If it is said to IDE or anything else other then AHCI then don't change it to AHCI straight away, follow these steps (otherwise Windows might not boot after the change) - 

1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci3) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide5) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)6) Shut down7) Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.

Either way it does look like you're somehow limited by SATA 2 speeds so... I don't know check if that's a setting in your BIOS?

so now i checked all of the bios settings and made sure that everything was set to ahci and looked for some kind of speed adjustments but didn't find any. so nothing changed because the sata mode was already set to ahci.. but then i tried connecting the ssd to one of the marvell controller sata 3 ports and that now gives me a speed of approx. 350 mb/s read, so that's already an improvement but i still wonder why the intel sata 3 ports are that slow although they normally should be able to deliver faster bandwidth than the 3rd party marvell controller..