Strategy games

mono

What strategy games do you like guys? I'm personally really waiting the SimCity game to come out - looks like a great simulation. Playing Empire: Total War alot.

I like League Of Legends :) I think it is a great fun game, though I am a noob on it.

I really like Starcraft 2 but also play quite a bit of LoL (less now, mostly arams because those are awesome), and dota.

Older strategy game series I loved were AoE, and C&C.

Supreme commander. An extremely good futuristic strategy game.

Age of Empires 2 and 3 are awesome. Especially for LANing.

I like League Of Legends :) I think it is a great fun game' date=' though I am a noob on it.[/quote']

LoL isn't a strategy game, that's a MOBA game.

StarCraft II for me in terms of strategy. Old C&C games were cool to play as well.

I like League Of Legends :) I think it is a great fun game' date=' though I am a noob on it.[/quote'] LoL isn't a strategy game, that's a MOBA game. StarCraft II for me in terms of strategy. Old C&C games were cool to play as well.

I don't think this thread is limited to RTS as it was established in the first post that city builders are included, I think it's fair to include arts/moba.

I like League Of Legends :) I think it is a great fun game' date=' though I am a noob on it.[/quote'] LoL isn't a strategy game, that's a MOBA game. StarCraft II for me in terms of strategy. Old C&C games were cool to play as well.
I don't think this thread is limited to RTS as it was established in the first post that city builders are included, I think it's fair to include arts/moba.

That's very subjective as LoL makes itself standout as a MOBA game rather than a Strategy game. When strategy games come to mind, I think of building a base and establishing a army using economy obtainable through workers.

Of course MOBA games originated from a custom game named Aeon of Strife. So it is debatable whether or not LoL is a strategy game. I personally don't believe that it is. Base building is the factor that makes me feel that it isn't a strategy game. Yeah LoL takes strategy but so does every other game including first person shooters.

That's very subjective as LoL makes itself standout as a MOBA game rather than a Strategy game. When strategy games come to mind, I think of building a base and establishing a army using economy obtainable through workers. Of course MOBA games originated from a custom game named Aeon of Strife. So it is debatable whether or not LoL is a strategy game. I personally don't believe that it is. Base building is the factor that makes me feel that it isn't a strategy game. Yeah LoL takes strategy but so does every other game including first person shooters.

But the original post doesn't say anything about restrictions on what is included (as mentioned, the initial post talks of a simulation game establishing that it does not even need to be a competitive game). So I would say within this threat about any strategy game (not limited to rts), a fps could be included, and certainly and arts/moba game. It seems unfair to limit a broad thread to just rts (which having base building is not the norm anymore).

And your initial post was not subjective, as the claim again league of legends was made in an absolute form.

That's very subjective as LoL makes itself standout as a MOBA game rather than a Strategy game. When strategy games come to mind, I think of building a base and establishing a army using economy obtainable through workers. Of course MOBA games originated from a custom game named Aeon of Strife. So it is debatable whether or not LoL is a strategy game. I personally don't believe that it is. Base building is the factor that makes me feel that it isn't a strategy game. Yeah LoL takes strategy but so does every other game including first person shooters.
But the original post doesn't say anything about restrictions on what is included (as mentioned, the initial post talks of a simulation game establishing that it does not even need to be a competitive game). So I would say within this threat about any strategy game (not limited to rts), a fps could be included, and certainly and arts/moba game. It seems unfair to limit a broad thread to just rts (which having base building is not the norm anymore). And your initial post was not subjective, as the claim again league of legends was made in an absolute form.

Defining what a strategy game is subjective, not my post. It's my opinion.

And posting in this thread in regards to first person shooters under the thread title "strategy" seems very wrong as strategy is a game genre within itself. So is MOBA, moba is its own game genre same goes with Fighting games, RTS, FPS, educational games, and so forth.

But strategy is not a genre. RTS is a genre, which seems to be what you are defining as strategy (though as said, a lot of rts no longer include base building, so these are no longer strategy games).

Stronghold 2. I was going to buy Stronghold 3, but after reading that there was no kingmaker and bugs of plenty, I withheld buying for the meantime. If Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 were to be considered a strategy game that I would choose that hands down.

Also, why are people arguing what "strategy games" are.

Why do you quote yourself?

Stronghold 2. I was going to buy Stronghold 3' date=' but after reading that there was no kingmaker and bugs of plenty, I withheld buying for the meantime. If Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 were to be considered a strategy game that I would choose that hands down. Also, why are people arguing what "strategy games" are.[/quote']

Not arguing just explaining why I think games like your mentioned Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 can exist in this thread :P