GTX 970 Low Benchmark Scores

I just got an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX 2.0 and did some benchmarks. In 3DMark my score is way better than my old AMD HD 6670. But if I run Cinebench my 970 has 42,19 FPS and the HD 6670 has 40,00... In Unigine Valley my 970 is a bit better than the AMD card but my min fps is even lower (both basic bench). My 970 min: 9,2 and my HD 6670 min: 11,1. At Extreme HD my 970 runs at 3 fps lower than at basic.

How to fix it, is it normal or do I need to get a better PSU?

System Specs:

PSU: 500W from Cooler Master (isn't 80+ rated)

CPU: A6-5400K (Yes that is the next thing to upgrade)

GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX 2.0

RAM: 8GB

Mobo: ASUS F2A55-M

My Evening Prayer:

May your temperatures be low and your framerates be high.

-Gaben

it's your cpu by far

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

Dawg thats a CPU bottleneck big time.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I just got an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX 2.0 and did some benchmarks. In 3DMark my score is way better than my old AMD HD 6670. But if I run Cinebench my 970 has 42,19 FPS and the HD 6670 has 40,00... In Unigine Valley my 970 is a bit better than the AMD card but my min fps is even lower (both basic bench). My 970 min: 9,2 and my HD 6670 min: 11,1. At Extreme HD my 970 runs at 3 fps lower than at basic.

How to fix it, is it normal or do I need to get a better PSU?

System Specs:

PSU: 500W from Cooler Master (isn't 80+ rated)

CPU: A6-5400K (Yes that is the next thing to upgrade)

GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX 2.0

RAM: 8GB

Mobo: ASUS F2A55-M

Upgrade to a nice i5-4690k or if that's not in the budget a i5-4590 will do good aswell. It's a bottleneck

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

gpu bottlenecked by cpu

it's your cpu by far

Dawg thats a CPU bottleneck big time.

bottleneck-constraint-lean-management.jp

Upgrade to a nice i5-4690k or if that's not in the budget a i5-4590 will do good aswell. It's a bottleneck

I know but the benchmarks are made for the GPU not the CPU.

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

Doesnt matter, the GPU cant perform to its full potential if the CPU isnt strong enough.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

m8 get any i3 cpu or if u can i5 or fx 6xxx(take one you prefer)i waod reccomend i5 for best experiance 

still a bottleneck. Like I said an i5-4590 or i5-4690k, keep in mind you are gonna have to get a new mobo to support the GPU. I suggest the MSI Z97 Gaming 3 if you aren't gonna SLI, Or MSI Z97 Gaming 5 if you plan on SLI.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Doesnt matter, the GPU cant perform to its full potential if the CPU isnt strong enough.

m8 get any i3 cpu or if u can i5 or fx 6xxx(take one you prefer)i waod reccomend i5 for best experiance 

Then the next upgrade will be an AMD FX-8320 + MSI 970 GAMING

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

That doesn't matter . You cpu is choking your gpu. You'll see the same things in games also. Apu's are really meant to be in a system with a dedicated gpu.

better i5 4460 and msi h97 pc mate with hyper 212 evo for better gaming and simular rendering preformance

Id sugest against that while you will see better performance with a 8320 it still isn't that great for some games.

I would recommend an i5 instead, as AMD is pretty bad for gaming. Dont get me wrong, its still leaps and bounds ahead of your current CPU, but not optimal.

better i5 4460 and msi h97 pc mate with hyper 212 evo for better gaming and simular rendering preformance

I would recommend an i5 instead, as AMD is pretty bad for gaming. Dont get me wrong, its still leaps and bounds ahead of your current CPU, but not optimal.

Id sugest against that while you will see better performance with a 8320 it still isn't that great for some games.

Then an Intel Core i5-4690K

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

Then an Intel Core i5-4690K

Yes.

/thread

Yes.

/thread

With an Asus Z97-PRO Gamer?

My Evening Prayer:

-Gaben

With an Asus Z97-PRO Gamer?

Yea, that would be fine.

You need a better cpu... That is bottle necking your system