Old fashioned

chimmychunger

why are my parents so old fashioned. Ok so today i asked my mum weather we could get netflix she said no. I asked why she said she would rather have foxtel. She said she wanted scedualed programs and for it to record when she forgets. but i said that with netflix you can get it when u want it dosent matter if you forget it, it will be their. I also said 10 aud per month compared to 80 aud. She just plain blank refuesed. so i can not get it untill i get enoigh income to pay 10 bucks a month (so march, april 2014) Is this normal for a 46 year old. thanks.

I don't think she is old fashioned, just well.. stubborn maybe? You just gotta keep trying and keep making those good arguments.

why are my parents so old fashioned. Ok so today i asked my mum weather we could get netflix she said no. I asked why she said she would rather have foxtel. She said she wanted scedualed programs and for it to record when she forgets. but i said that with netflix you can get it when u want it dosent matter if you forget it, it will be their. I also said 10 aud per month compared to 80 aud. She just plain blank refuesed. so i can not get it untill i get enoigh income to pay 10 bucks a month (so march, april 2014) Is this normal for a 46 year old. thanks.

Sometimes, sometimes it is normal for a parent to say no because they are exhausted, tired of stressing about money and don't have the energy to think about new things, so after the first attempt at stopping you from talking about it fails (in this case foxtel) they just give up and say no.

Of course I have no idea about your particular situation but that's how I respond to my kids when I don't want to think about it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

how much allowance do you get, don't think you can complain about not having enough for ten dollars a month if you have enough money to buy those parts

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

how much allowance do you get, don't think you can complain about not having enough for ten dollars a month if you have enough money to buy those parts

ye i was kinda mad then i have recolected my thoughts and re thought it i can pay 4 it myslef i earn $72 a week from a part time job

It's her money and if you wants to (seems that way) waste it then I'd let her, why don't you get netflicks? I'm sure you could find $10 per month for it even if it means doing odd jobs for your parents, friends or/and neighbours.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate