Parallel Liquid Cooling

Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

So adding another xspc bridge in the spot that I have outlined would make the cards run in parallel.  Obviously the 90 coming out of the top would have to be moved to the other side, but I actually want the tubing entering the bottom and coming out of the bottom.  My first question is, in a two way SLI setup how I have pictured it really wouldn't matter that much, however in 3 and 4 way SLI, would the top card be getting starved of liquid?  I know when run in parallel the cards get "shared" liquid.  So if I have 2, they'd be getting 1/2 of the flow, so if I went to 3 or 4 it would be getting 1/3 and 1/4 respectively.  But if the in was on the bottom, and the out was on the bottom, would it even send liquid to the top card, or just circulate in the bottom card (which is bad, duh).  The picture shown is a picture of my personal rig, if anybody was wondering.

the way water flows is very similar to the way that electricity flows.(assuming you have no bubbles) it takes the paths of reduced resistance, with the flow inversely proportional to the resistance.

if the blocks are identical, then they should have the same amount of flow through them within a margin of error. the lower flow rate won't increase your temperatures much, the only thing increasing temperatures significantly will be the increased thermal load from the extra cards.

So adding another xspc bridge in the spot that I have outlined would make the cards run in parallel.  Obviously the 90 coming out of the top would have to be moved to the other side, but I actually want the tubing entering the bottom and coming out of the bottom.  My first question is, in a two way SLI setup how I have pictured it really wouldn't matter that much, however in 3 and 4 way SLI, would the top card be getting starved of liquid?  I know when run in parallel the cards get "shared" liquid.  So if I have 2, they'd be getting 1/2 of the flow, so if I went to 3 or 4 it would be getting 1/3 and 1/4 respectively.  But if the in was on the bottom, and the out was on the bottom, would it even send liquid to the top card, or just circulate in the bottom card (which is bad, duh).  The picture shown is a picture of my personal rig, if anybody was wondering.

post-195872-0-42000200-1431530766_thumb.

Life is beach, and I'm eating the sand.  Silicon that is.

the way water flows is very similar to the way that electricity flows.(assuming you have no bubbles) it takes the paths of reduced resistance, with the flow inversely proportional to the resistance.

if the blocks are identical, then they should have the same amount of flow through them within a margin of error. the lower flow rate won't increase your temperatures much, the only thing increasing temperatures significantly will be the increased thermal load from the extra cards.