Which GPU is better.

Josue9988
Go to solution Solved by TheElt,

Yeah, that card will work fine, though it could get loud if the airflow is extremely bad, but it's better than throttling because of overheating

Which one is better a XFX Radeon HD 6450 2GB Low Profile or a Msi Geforce 610 2GB Low PRofile.

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing. - Solid Snake

Which one is better a XFX Radeon HD 6450 2GB Low Profile or a Msi Geforce 610 2GB Low PRofile.

Neither. What will you be using the card for? Budget? Whats the rest of your system?

I will be using the card to replace the integrated graphics on my core i3 in my optiplex 390 slimline and do a little light gaming.

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing. - Solid Snake

I will be using the card to replace the integrated graphics on my core i3 in my optiplex 390 slimline and do a little light gaming.

Put a 750 ti in it :P . it' s a very very nice card :)  whitout needing an external power connector :)  ;)  :)  (some models need it tho :( )

But is the card low profile and I need it to be 35 - 50$

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

750ti is your best bet for budget cards.
or if your willing GTX 960

Put a 750 ti in it :P . it' s a very very nice card :)  whitout needing an external power connector :)  ;)  :)  (some models need it tho :( )

750ti is your best bet for budget cards.

or if your willing GTX 960

750Ti would not work in this computer as the PCIE slot is limited to 25W maximum power (As a lot of SFF Optiplex seem to be, page 16 of the tech guide here)

OP, you'd be best off going for a 6450 with an active cooler, that case has very little airflow so passive cards will overheat, the 6450 will slightly outperform the GT610 but don't expect to be playing more than source games at 720p

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

ok which one should i chose a 6450 with 2gb of ram but passive cooler or one with 1gb of ram but with a fan

ok which one should i chose a 6450 with 2gb of ram but passive cooler or one with 1gb of ram but with a fan

1GB with a fan, the 6450 doesn't have enough power to even use all that properly, and the better cooling will be noticable

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Yeah, that card will work fine, though it could get loud if the airflow is extremely bad, but it's better than throttling because of overheating

Thank You.