Intel driver downloads, why so slow

Get this, I am trying to download a driver update for my IGPU (will link the specific file), and I am getting download speeds of 0 to 8.... wait for it... KILOBYTES!!!

What the hell? How is this possible?

1. I know that my connection should be able to give me ~700kBps (kilo bytes), and I know I don't have anything else taking all that bandwidth.

2. Yes the RJ45 is actually connected to my PC.

3. No other sites are being slow, this can't be my ISP throttling me.

Here is the file I tried to download

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24826/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

Also, my region is Europe.

While I am posting this... the download is progressing at a blazing fast 0 bits per second. 

PLEASE, CAN I GET THIS FILE FROM ANOTHER SOURCE?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

downloads in 7 seconds for me, and getting the drivers from any website other than the official site is a *really* dumb idea.

downloads in 7 seconds for me, and getting the drivers from any website other than the official site is a *really* dumb idea.

I know, but intel's download is simply broken for me, I am using the official download manager widget thing. And the download timed out after 1.1MB

I restarted the download, and I have 5.1MB downloaded. It took ~10min for that to happen.

I need to get 124MB...

The same file, being downloaded from my browser, has been stuck at 1760KB for the last 20 minutes.

Not to mention it took ages for me to get the intel driver update utility...

EDIT: I got to 7MB while I was typing.

EDIT2:

8738957b60.png

oh look, the chrome download made some promising progress...

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

to be honest, i'd just wait it out.

That leaves me with nothing but a single question to ask.

Why does intel want to hurt me?

Spoiler