Raid 5 card and sata

thekeemo
Go to solution Solved by tommy-b-10,

I have a Intel card, can't remember the model but it can do many different raids from p it, but you should definitely check the specs of whatever card your looking at. Just browse around and look up reviews :)

I cant get my head to wrap around this but what I am looking to do is have a 3x512gb SSD raid 5 along with a 3x4tb HDD raid 5 setup on a ASUS Z10PE​-D8 WS  (not for me dont have that kind of money) how would I go about doing this?

as far as I can figure out im going to need 2 raid 5 cards with a sas breakout cable?

please list products

@looney @ @LinusTech @Prastupok

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Intreasting question...

WIll love to hear answer, bump

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

In terms of raid cards, you can get cards with 2 sas cables which would allow you to only use one card for 2 raids. Have you looked into onboard raid on the board?

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

Intreasting question...

WIll love to hear answer, bump

tahnks

In terms of raid cards, you can get cards with 2 sas cables which would allow you to only use one card for 2 raids. Have you looked into onboard raid on the board?

so a card with 2 mini sas outputs will allow dual seperate raids? great to hear

and I havent been able to find the raid specs

can you recommend a card?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I have a Intel card, can't remember the model but it can do many different raids from p it, but you should definitely check the specs of whatever card your looking at. Just browse around and look up reviews :)

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

thanks