Is this bag good for college?

c_marriott
Go to solution Solved by DryzonDigital,

Looks okay for the stuff you want to carry, have you used bags like that before though? 

Bags like this are always easier on your shoulders and can carry the same weight:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Laptop-Backpack-inch-laptops/dp/B00EEBS9O0/ref=sr_1_12?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431369226&sr=1-12&keywords=laptop+bag

I'm starting my college courses next year, most of which I need my laptop and other devices in, I've seen others mention this bag: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVERKI-95318-GB-Track-Messenger-Laptop/dp/B003ZWGFDG. Will it do for every day use and carrying all kinds of things?

I will need to carry;

my external HDD,

USB sticks

11.6in laptop,

iPad mini 2,

phone,

wallet,

tool kit,

books etc.

I know it shows the bags capacity on the site but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience or any better options

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Looks okay for the stuff you want to carry, have you used bags like that before though? 

Bags like this are always easier on your shoulders and can carry the same weight:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Laptop-Backpack-inch-laptops/dp/B00EEBS9O0/ref=sr_1_12?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431369226&sr=1-12&keywords=laptop+bag

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

I'm starting my college courses next year, most of which I need my laptop and other devices in, I've seen others mention this bag: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVERKI-95318-GB-Track-Messenger-Laptop/dp/B003ZWGFDG. Will it do for every day use and carrying all kinds of things?

I will need to carry;

my external HDD,

USB sticks

11.6in laptop,

iPad mini 2,

phone,

wallet,

tool kit,

books etc.

I know it shows the bags capacity on the site but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience or any better options

For wondering around campus your really going to want a backpack. They are so much more comfortable to carry and you can get everything you need in them. From my experience, shoulder bags become a hassle after awhile. Not sure of a good suggestion for one though. Also please follow your topic.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

For wondering around campus your really going to want a backpack. They are so much more comfortable to carry and you can get everything you need in them. From my experience, shoulder bags become a hassle after awhile. Not sure of a good suggestion for one though. Also please follow your topic.

Shoulder bags are plain torture on daily basis on your shoulder, backpacks are definitely the way to go.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

I always use my computer bag I got from the sheriffs office it says "Computer Forensics Deputy" on it. I got it after the training course (like a 2 day class, lolz)

I've been using shoulder bags for my past 4 high school years so I thought I'd stick to what I know, I've sort of grown used to them so that isn't a worry to me

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

i can STRONGLY recommend backpacks over the shoulder bags, i've seen someone ruin his knee by carrying his books in a shoulder bag.

i can STRONGLY recommend backpacks over the shoulder bags, i've seen someone ruin his knee by carrying his books in a shoulder bag.

I've seen myself ruin my shoulder LoL.

Blog thingy <----

I've seen myself ruin my shoulder LoL.

that also, however shoulders seem to be better at healing when you stop torturing, while knees tend to be a tad more permanent.

Do you have any other backpack suggestions? The amazon one is nice but I'm not sure if its exactly my kind of bag

Do you have any other backpack suggestions? The amazon one is nice but I'm not sure if its exactly my kind of bag

i kinda just go to a local store and find whatever bag with lots of small pockets inside, and a laptop sleeve.

i think a bag is something very personal, that you should have seen before you buy it, so you know what can be put where.

the one DryzonDigital recommended in post #2 seems like a good pick to me.

i kinda just go to a local store and find whatever bag with lots of small pockets inside, and a laptop sleeve.

i think a bag is something very personal, that you should have seen before you buy it, so you know what can be put where.

the one DryzonDigital recommended in post #2 seems like a good pick to me.

There's not really much around in my town. I'll have more of a look around.

I like the look of it but not sure if its durable enough

There's not really much around in my town. I'll have more of a look around.

I like the look of it but not sure if its durable enough

Friend has it, really good, thinking about picking one up for myself in a couple of months.

You can check this one out as well: 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Logic-DLBP114K-Laptop-Backpack/dp/B004AM624C/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431375092&sr=1-7&keywords=laptop+backpack

Blog thingy <----

Friend has it, really good, thinking about picking one up for myself in a couple of months.

You can check this one out as well: 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Logic-DLBP114K-Laptop-Backpack/dp/B004AM624C/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1431375092&sr=1-7&keywords=laptop+backpack

Now I've looked a bit more into it it looks like it will do exactly what I need. Just ordered it, should be here within the next week. Thanks for the suggestion!

Now I've looked a bit more into it it looks like it will do exactly what I need. Just ordered it, should be here within the next week. Thanks for the suggestion!

Solid pick, great bag. Good luck with college.

Please remember to put an end to posts by picking best answer, cheers!

Blog thingy <----

Solid pick, great bag. Good luck with college.

Please remember to put an end to posts by picking best answer, cheers!

Thanks dude,

Just marked it as the best one