Developer PC build, can't find any information

Hi! I need help to know what does my build need for developing applications like 2D games and utility apps. My main questions are:

Will Android Studio/Unity benefit from more cores? Like a AMD FM 8350 or just go with a intel core i5-4460.

Will I need a lot of RAM for Android Studio/Unity? Is 8 GB enough RAM?

Any help with knowing which hardware I need for what. I would like to do with help. Thank you! also any recommended build or components will help. Have a great day!

Here is my current planned build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.98 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($61.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.49 @ OutletPC)

Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.30 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($56.99 @ Amazon)

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($17.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $465.71

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-10 20:04 EDT-0400

I already own monitor, keyboard, mouse, and I will not have an optical drive.

budget?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I would say more cores and more ram, as well as a graphics card. 8350|16GB|R9 280

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

I would say more cores and more ram, as well as a graphics card. 8350|16GB|R9 280

How would that help? There is GPU acceleration in any of the developer suites that I know of.

I'd pick a nicer case. Other than that it looks good. I find myself testing stuff in virtual machines frequently. Where cores and ram is always good to have. Are you doing fairly large projects or is it for smaller purposes? What software are you using?

Thank you, I would like to know if it's really better for using with unity and Android Studio, not just buy it.

How would that help? There is GPU acceleration in any of the developer suites that I know of.

I'd pick a nicer case. Other than that it looks good. I find myself testing stuff in virtual machines frequently. Where cores and ram is always good to have. Are you doing fairly large projects or is it for smaller purposes? What software are you using?

Thank you for the help. I wouldn't like to spend a lot in a case, where hardware is more important. I'm a beginner so it's for small projects, not like a 3D game o something too fancy. I'm using Android Studio, possibly Unity in the future.

Hi! I need help to know what does my build need for developing applications like 2D games and utility apps. My main questions are:

Will Android Studio/Unity benefit from more cores? Like a AMD FM 8350 or just go with a intel core i5-4460.

Will I need a lot of RAM for Android Studio/Unity? Is 8 GB enough RAM?

Any help with knowing which hardware I need for what. I would like to do with help. Thank you! also any recommended build or components will help. Have a great day!

Here is my current planned build:

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($61.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.49 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($56.99 @ Amazon)

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($17.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $465.71

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-10 20:04 EDT-0400

I already own monitor, keyboard, mouse, and I will not have an optical drive.

An ssd will make a bigger contribution to productivity than more memory. But 16GB of memory would help if you plan to run multiple VM.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4533116/minimum-hardware-requirements-for-android-development
http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-recommended-hardware-for-Android-Studio

And others, basically, you could develop andriod apps on an intel atom.
The emulator benifits from a quad core with some intel extensions (all newer intel cpu's support it)
There is a gpu acceleration support but I was unable to easily dig up any other info (other than it is buggy)
Higher system requirements would be presented by other software you would use (Adobe photoshop and such)
your build is good but you should use two sticks or ram to take advantage of the 2 memory controllers built in to the cpu

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($167.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD2 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($45.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($55.98 @ OutletPC)
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $407.42
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-10 22:53 EDT-0400

This is a real basic build just to run the emulator and development environment.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4533116/minimum-hardware-requirements-for-android-development

http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-recommended-hardware-for-Android-Studio

And others, basically, you could develop andriod apps on an intel atom.

The emulator benifits from a quad core with some intel extensions (all newer intel cpu's support it)

There is a gpu acceleration support but I was unable to easily dig up any other info (other than it is buggy)

Higher system requirements would be presented by other software you would use (Adobe photoshop and such)

your build is good but you should use two sticks or ram to take advantage of the 2 memory controllers built in to the cpuPCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($167.99 @ SuperBiiz)Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD2 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($45.98 @ Newegg)Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($55.98 @ OutletPC)Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.49 @ OutletPC)Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.99 @ SuperBiiz)Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)Total: $407.42Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-10 22:53 EDT-0400

This is a real basic build just to run the emulator and development environment.

Thank you, I currently have a all in one intel atom PC which sucks for this, I liked the motherboard and changed it, I'm going for only one stick of memory because I can easily upgrade to 16GB later. I will be using. Unity, photoshop, illustrator, and Android Studio how does this build look?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($48.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $452.72

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-10 23:53 EDT-0400

Edit: I would like this build so it can be upgradable when my skills need it, like 3D game making, video ad creation/editing, and big graphic design.

Thank you, I currently have a all in one intel atom PC which sucks for this, I liked the motherboard and changed it, I'm going for only one stick of memory because I can easily upgrade to 16GB later. I will be using. Unity, photoshop, illustrator, and Android Studio how does this build look?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($48.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $452.72

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-10 23:53 EDT-0400

Edit: I would like this build so it can be upgradable when my skills need it, like 3D game making, video ad creation/editing, and big graphic design.

Looks good. You can add in a graphics card to accelerate photoshop later as that is the most intensive software I see (altho from what I have read illustrator is in love with cpu clock speeds).