Swiftech H220 vs Noctua NH-D14

So, a couple of weeks ago my H220's pump died. I installed an NH-D14 I had while the H220's replacement go here. Now that it's here and I got to see the NH-D14's perfomance, I'm not sure which one to keep. I know that the NH-D14 will run hotter than the H220 and it will be bulkier. However the NH-D14 will be more reliable since it doesn't require a pump, etc. to work. The NH-D14 has a 6 Year Warranty, compared to 3 Year Warranty of the H220. I will be doing overclocking, though I wouldn't consider myself an enthusiast overclocker.

So I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Which to keep?

Thanks!

Geth Intel Core i5 2500k  |  ASUS Maximus IV Gene Z  |  ASUS GTX980 Strix |  G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1600MHz  |  Fractal Design Node 804  |  Noctua NH-U12S  |  Schiit Modi/Magni  |  Corsair AX650 650W 80PLUS Gold  |  Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD  |  Corsair Force Series GT 480GB SSD |  WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD  |  WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD  |  ASUS PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440 Monitor  |  Logitech G710+  |  Logitech G9X |

I say personal preference, chose what you like more and sell the other. A few degrees isn't going to kill you either way unless your trying to achieve some ridiculous overclock. 

i would say h220 just cause of the size of the nh d14 though its good to keep it around if you ever need a backup again

I would say keep the noctua,  it seem that the h220 have a problem with the pump making alot of noise ( maybe it will be fix soon tho )

So I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Which to keep?

you with others have experienced similar issues in pump cavitation producing a

grinding noise and eventually pump failure. your RMA replacement may have

no issues or a stack of the same/new issues..  won't know till installed.

personally as you've described, the NH-D14 will prolly do what you are looking for

in the overclocking/cooling department. so you might miss .1-.2GHz clock speed

because thermally you are limited.. but like you said, more reliability. NH-D14

sounds like a better way to go at this time.. will your retailer take the return without

penalty if outlined you've already went through one RMA process?

airdeano

you with others have experienced similar issues in pump cavitation producing a

grinding noise and eventually pump failure. your RMA replacement may have

no issues or a stack of the same/new issues..  won't know till installed.

personally as you've described, the NH-D14 will prolly do what you are looking for

in the overclocking/cooling department. so you might miss .1-.2GHz clock speed

because thermally you are limited.. but like you said, more reliability. NH-D14

sounds like a better way to go at this time.. will your retailer take the return without

penalty if outlined you've already went through one RMA process?

airdeano

The new H220 unit arrived yesterday. It looked as if it was already used. Plus, it came with bent fins. So far, my experience with Swiftech has been terrible. I'll contact the retailer and see if they can do a return and get my money back. Bottom line, I'm sticking with the NH-D14. It's already installed and running like a champ. Pictures!

Geth Intel Core i5 2500k  |  ASUS Maximus IV Gene Z  |  ASUS GTX980 Strix |  G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1600MHz  |  Fractal Design Node 804  |  Noctua NH-U12S  |  Schiit Modi/Magni  |  Corsair AX650 650W 80PLUS Gold  |  Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD  |  Corsair Force Series GT 480GB SSD |  WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD  |  WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD  |  ASUS PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440 Monitor  |  Logitech G710+  |  Logitech G9X |