Windows crashes randomly?

Nirmal

Basically while playing any games for about 30 minutes my computer will crash with a loud buzzing noise. I think that the buzzing noise is actually a repeating loop of the last sound the system played before crashing. I thought that it might have been my GPU so I got a new one but that did not fix anything. Luckily I was needing to upgrade anyways.

"No signature"

Is your cpu overheating? Maybe a doggy power supply?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

this happens to me also but very rarelly, i think it's the cpu, but not sure

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

most freezes and bsod's are more often than not a software (driver issue not hardware. check your eventviewer and check your dump files with windbg. post some codes and we can go from there.

eventviewer guide: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-event-viewer-tips-and-tricks-930708

windbg: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463009.aspx