Recommendations for great gaming monitors?

CoolMarquis97

I recently built a PC and have been starting to game on it. I play anything from BF3 to LoL. I'm looking for a monitor that is great for game. I probably will be dual monitors if that matters in recommendations.

Thanks for the help

When you’re looking at resolutions and prize based restrictions, I'd say go for the 21.5" monitors. They have great resolutions and its not to small.... I like Samsung monitors and I will not recommend anything else, even thou there is allot of other great monitors out there. I'd also recommend you go with a LED Backlit LCD monitor, it will last longer. The one I'm looking at is the Samsung Black 21.5" Series 1 LED Backlit LCD. It’s a great monitor at a great price.

Regarding the term gaming monitor, three come to mind: the Benq XL2420T, the Benq XL2411T and the recently released Asus VG248QE. They're considered "gaming" monitors because, they have a higher than usual refresh rate of 120 (Benq XL2420T) respectively 144 Hz, which will provide an even smoother gameplay. Colors are more or less trash, though.

Regarding the term gaming monitor' date=' three come to mind: the Benq XL2420T, the Benq XL2411T and the recently released Asus VG248QE. They're considered "gaming" monitors because, they have a higher than usual refresh rate of 120 (Benq XL2420T) respectively 144 Hz, which will provide an even smoother gameplay. Colors are more or less trash, though.[/quote']

Eh, I'm fine with the colors being trashed. I mean right now I'm playing on a VGA monitor so they've at least got to be better than what I'm looking at now. Thanks for both of you guys help!

Benq XL2420T using this one, fucking awesome :D If you have the GPU to get 120fps out of BF3 and so on ;)

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Dell Ultrasharp
Any UltraSharp specifically?

i use three u2412m. any ultrasharp are good. just make sure you find the one with right features you want

I would agree on the Dell UltraSharp series.

-> U2312 (1920x1080) if you are on a budget (6-bit eIPS panel)

-> U2412 (1920x1200) if you do work with your computer as well as gaming (6-bit eIPS panel)

-> U2410 (1920x1200) if you want really gorgeous colors that really shines the art work of the game (8-bit H-IPS panel)

-> U2711 (2560x1400) like the U2410 but bigger (8-bit H-IPS panel)

-> U2713HM (2560x1400), lower end model of the U2711, like the U2412 over the U2410, the colors are not as good, but the U2712HM out better colors than the U2412M

-> U2713M (2560x1400), if you want the highest end model in terms of image ouput.

So, in order from worst to best in terms of colors:

U2312 = U2412 < U2713HM < U2410 = U2711 < U2713M

Dell monitor features 3 year warranty, where you get to keep the monitor while you receive a replacement one, where you'll also have a pre-paid return shipping label. In other words, you always have a monitor on your desk when you do an RMA, and Dell pays shipping BOTH directions for you. Moreover, Dell UltraSharp series feature a 0 bright/stuck pixel policy, and 6 or more dead pixel warranty with no zones and distance policy. So you count 1 stuck or bright pixel, or 6 or more dead pixels, it's RMA time.

All panels inside Dell UltraSharp series are from LG.

I have the U2410 on my desk, and I can assure you, and so I am still drooling by the colors and games looks awesome

Is the Ultrasharp's colors better than the Benq and ASUS monitors? I would buy either of them but keeping hearing that the colors are god awful. I want something good for gaming but I mean I'm not going to spend $400 for colors that look like shit.

You get what you paid for. The more you pay, the better the colors are. If you want the best colors (considering budget), get ones where the manufacture provide with 1 or 2 (sRGB and AdobeRGB) pre-color calibrated profiles. They use sophisticated equipment to calibrate your monitor, and pretty much gives you the best of what the monitor can display considering a wide range of colors for a good balance.

ASUS is equally good. ASUS is competing stringly against Dell. In fact, pretty much, all Dell monitors, ASUS has it's own version, with similar advantages and disadvantages (some models shares the same panel, if I recall correctly). Heck, ASUS is so hard core at competing Dell, even the on screen menu is somewhat close to Dell's

So if you are tight on budget you can pick the lowest price between the two, if price is similar, then for me Dell wins for the warranty as mentioned on my previous post where Dell shipping on both directions, and a box is provided to you.

If you are looking at the Dell U2410, the build quality is higher than ASUS, and have more inputs to ASUS similar offering. The other models are about the same between the two.

BenQ only has TN and MVA panels, if I recall correctly.

Personally, I have the Dell U2410, worth every penny. And I paid 500$ for it.