black widow chroma or k70 non rgb

shorbagy
Go to solution Solved by ashtaroth,

Corsair non is not programable and has no software

just plug and play

so razer is fully programable unlike corsairs non rgb

and that is impressive for a razer mouse to last 3 years..... IN SO HESITANTTTT xD i do not know which to buy.... my gut is confused too @ashtaroth

The reviews on amazon are mainly nice but a lot of people say its inconsistent and sometimes has chatter issues and the switches are bad.. are they? ? Compared to corsair since you have both

Damn I thought it only had no dedicated "G keys" such a shame. So its just a fancy paper weight so point in getting that then.

Well like I said Razer products are hit or miss their QC needs improvement. Khail switches aren't that bad but they cant compare to the genuine cherry MX the only thing to do so that you could put this to rest is to try one out for yourself. If you see a BW Chroma in a store near you try it out. If its in the box it usually has a cut out square for the arrow keys go and have a feel of those. 

Lastly about the rubber dome thing personally it doesn't feel like it but peoples mileage may vary. It does take a lot more force to press due to the springs.

Hello everyone :)

I apologise for any future language mistakes since English is not my native language

This is going to be my first mechanical keyboard and because i live in Egypt i cannot try the feel of the keyboards shops do not allow this and i cannot buy a switch tester due to high shipping costs

I do know all about the switches and if I am going to go with corsair then I'll get brown switches but razer's clicky switches are the only ones available from the place i am going to buy from so the comparison would be brown cherry mx vs razer green switches which are like blues and the rgb vs red LED and build quality vs build quality and issues in each keyboard and so on.

corsair k70 non rgb costs more than razer blackwidow chroma from where i come

In general from what I read I prefer corsair due to the cheap materials razer are rumered to use and to the high quality of corsair products but some people swear by razer blackwidow too (check amazon 5 star reviews) so is it a hit or miss???

my rig is blue and green mostly by thr

I love the red backlighting of the corsair but even in all the videos of comparison i see on youtube they all compare corsair k70 RGB to razer chroma and barely give the edge to corsair rgb

I want the keyboard to last atleast 3 years or so.

I know that the browns are tactile / silent and razer green switches are tactile/ clicky

Personally I prefer silent switches but what do I know I never used a mechanical keyboard before and also that wouldnt be a thing that effects my choice that much after all

I have been around for weeks thinking about every possible thing there is about those two keyboards and i have seen tens of videos and reviews

I reaaaaaally want to decide once and for all to finally buy a keyboard

The kailh switches are rumered to be faulty and inconsistant unlike cherry mx but then again both should be a giant leap from membranes especially cheap 5$ ones xD

Also one important issue

the razer would have waranty but the corsair one would only have a 14 days to return it in if I find anything faulty also I'll pay the return shipping fees

if razer one is faulty i could exchange it within a couple of weeks totally free

So .. which one and why exactly :)?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

I'm the only one who has no replies :( did i do something wrong??

You should have made this simplier to be honest 

Also , on your issue , I'm no expert on keyboard nor do I own either keyboards so I can't guarantee you on quality ... I think when choosing keyboards it comes down to preference ... Check videos on both product . Compare build quality , sound , responsiveness , software , functuality ... Make sure to get reliable source and check multiple times . If both are neck to neck , it comes down to aesthetic , which one will fit your set up more , imagine it on your table . Take a good long look of both and use your brain rationally and be open-minded . Trust your brain because it's probably right . Have fun picking ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Damn Son!! You got some serious crisis on your hand!! JK

I did my own research for 2 months and I went with the K70 non RGB.

On your case I would suggest to go with razer (although it uses Kailh switches) at least try it out for a week or so, if you don't like you can always return it and get the k70.

Since this will be your first mechanical keyboard you would hardly find any difference between cherry MX and kailh. And I believe razer have slightly modified the kailh switches for their keyboards.

In normal scenario; I wouldn't recommend razer in a head to head comparison (like K70 RGB vs Razer Black Widow) but your case is very unique and I believe razer will suite you the best. 

Thank you all

:) I'll probably go with razer it would suit my desk better

i know i made a huge deal out of it but this is what i usually do Unfortunately xD

@manzir i do agree with you i will probably get the razer due to warranty and exchange policies and rgb lighting :)

I just needed one more push that kailh arent that big of a deal :D thank you

@Delusional Phil i do imagine razer's keyboard to fit my desk better ;)

thank you both for your time and effort :)

Hello everyone  :)
I apologise for any future language mistakes since English is not my native language

This is going to be my first mechanical keyboard and because i live in Egypt i cannot try the feel of the keyboards shops do not allow this and i cannot buy a switch tester due to high shipping costs

I do know all about the switches and if I am going to go with corsair then I'll get brown switches but razer's clicky switches are the only ones available from the place i am going to buy from so the comparison would be brown cherry mx vs razer green switches which are like blues and the rgb vs red LED and build quality vs build quality and issues in each keyboard and so on.

corsair k70 non rgb costs more than razer blackwidow chroma from where i come

In general from what I read I prefer corsair due to the cheap materials razer are rumered to use and to the high quality of corsair products but some people swear by razer blackwidow too (check amazon 5 star reviews) so is it a hit or miss???

my rig is blue and green mostly by thr

I love the red backlighting of the corsair but even in all the videos of comparison i see on youtube they all compare corsair k70 RGB to razer chroma and barely give the edge to corsair rgb

I want the keyboard to last atleast 3 years or so.

I know that the browns are tactile / silent and razer green switches are tactile/ clicky
Personally I prefer silent switches but what do I know I never used a mechanical keyboard before and also that wouldnt be a thing that effects my choice that much after all

I have been around for weeks thinking about every possible thing there is about those two keyboards and i have seen tens of videos and reviews

I reaaaaaally want to decide once and for all to finally buy a keyboard

The kailh switches are rumered to be faulty and inconsistant unlike cherry mx but then again both should be a giant leap from membranes especially cheap 5$ ones xD

Also one important issue
the razer would have waranty but the corsair one would only have a 14 days to return it in if I find anything faulty also I'll pay the return shipping fees
if razer one is faulty i could exchange it within a couple of weeks totally free

So .. which one and why exactly  :)?

Thank you in advance for your help  :)

Well this might not be 100% accurate but this is what I got.

I have both the K70 RGB and the BW Chroma. I know you said non RGB K70 but they still have the same layout among other things.

K70

Pros:

• Build quality (its metal)
  • Cherry MX - the sound that it makes depends on the colour of the switch that you want

Cons:

• Software - well it takes some time to get used to it.

BW Chroma

Pro

• Software is very easy to use

Cons

• Khail switches -  when typing on it it feels more like cherry blues and has a clicky sound my k70 has reds so they are more quiet. 

Only thing I can say is that the keys on the k70 feel and look better than the chroma. The printed legends on the k70 is also "complete" so when the backlight is on you will see most of the printed legends on the keys. 

The K70 gets dirtier much quicker though.

Solid build quality for the K70, OK for the BW despite being plastic.

2gv0uh0.jpg

2iw2jp5.jpg

mm5xg3.jpg

It is a bit harder to type on the BW thought, Ironically I typed this on the BW chroma.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Noup, not a huge deal at all. I go through the same thought process every time buy lunch!! Its a good thing you are not a impulse buyer. Study your options, get other resources as needed and take your time (unless its a once in life time 80% off kinda deal.. :D)

Personally I'd go K70 non-RGB, having owned both Corsair and Razer products, well my razer products have all broken and my corsair ones are still going strong - speaks for itself.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

It comes down to (cherry mx brown switches and higher build quality and red LED or the option of rgb backlighting 5 macro keys but kailh switches)

I'm so confuseddd xD I had decided razer then when i read the replies i hesitated again xD

@ashtaroth if you had give up your rgb back lighting in the corsair would u use the razer over it?? Since my option is corsair red LED :/ tell me your personal opinion

I wouldn't get either. Razer isn't quality and the design of the non-RGB K70 apparently has its flaws where it's prone to ESD (electrostatic discharge) that kills the LEDs.

I'd get a Ducky Shine 4.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I dont have any other options in egypt :(

and the k70 led issues are only with the blue led version and it's discontinued :) i just want a great keyboard with good looks that doesn't fail on me

which is better razer chroma or k70 non rgb

@shorbagy

If I was after the RGB LED then I would go BW chroma. If not then K70.

For functionality the K70 non RGB should have macro functions because the RGB one has it otherwise it would be just another fancy keyboard. So if the K70 non RGB has it then it is pretty much the same, with the BW chroma only having an easier software and 5 extra programmable keys. Corsair requires you to have a degree in rocket science to work with theirs though (just read the manual).

For the build quality all I can say for now is that the BW Chroma feels a bit cheaper due to it being plastic and all but it is heavier than the K70. For general typing the spacing on the BW chroma is not standard so you will have to adapt a little. With that being said I only had my BW Chroma for 2 months without any problem so far while I had my K70 before its pre-release last September 2014 the thing is solid.

A word of warning though, Razer products are hit or miss specially those nagas. Thankfully non have failed on me yet, the oldest razer product I have is the Mamba 2012. Still alive after almost 3 years. BW Chroma reviews are good as well.

Tl;dr  Its your hard earned money you did your research trust your gut and use it as you see fit.

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

just plug and play

and that is impressive for a razer mouse to last 3 years..... IN SO HESITANTTTT xD i do not know which to buy.... my gut is confused too @ashtaroth

The reviews on amazon are mainly nice but a lot of people say its inconsistent and sometimes has chatter issues and the switches are bad.. are they? ? Compared to corsair since you have both

And does razer switches feel like rubber domes to you??? I read this somewhere

just plug and play

Damn I thought it only had no dedicated "G keys" such a shame. So its just a fancy paper weight so point in getting that then.

Well like I said Razer products are hit or miss their QC needs improvement. Khail switches aren't that bad but they cant compare to the genuine cherry MX the only thing to do so that you could put this to rest is to try one out for yourself. If you see a BW Chroma in a store near you try it out. If its in the box it usually has a cut out square for the arrow keys go and have a feel of those. 

Lastly about the rubber dome thing personally it doesn't feel like it but peoples mileage may vary. It does take a lot more force to press due to the springs.

I'll buy razer bw and hope for good QC

i cant try it though

my brother lives in kuwait , the deal is there so I'm going to let him buy it for me then he is coming back egypt in a couple of days

I'll tell him to test the keyboard before coming and check the quality and that all the keys are working well

if there is something wrong he can always return it to the shop :)

Ill get razer due to the feature of being fully programmable

i really appreciate how much you've helped me

and I'm surprised how much you care for helping someone who is half a world away ;)

thank you thank you thank you xD

Well that's what I usually try to do. Goodluck and happy gaming.

Dont buy a K70 RGB with Blue switches. I have one and some of my switches have defects. I tried to RMA it and said corsair would replace it but either only with Brown/Red switches since they no longer produce RGB Blue switches. I asked them why they wont produce them anymore and if they knew that the RGB Blue switches had defects in the first place and didn't get any response at all.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p