Space Management Help

Made In Canada

So im planning on getting a G1 GTX 970 video card, and im also getting the best case i know of called "Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case" but the problem is that on pcpartpicker in the compatibility notes/check, it says and quote "The Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 430mm long, but video cards over 295mm may block drive bays. Since the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card is 312mm long, some drive bays may not be usable."  Now i dont know what any of that means. (im new to this stuff and know a bit of PC's except this) and i would like to know what it means. I am planning on getting a "Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer" for my PC just in case. (i say that because i think that its trying to say i cant use a DVD drive).  I am new to this stuff so if i did  something wrong or said something that did not make sense, sorry.  Also, any help would be appreciated.

Also, should i just simply get a new video card?

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

@Made In Canada

All it means is that you will probably have to remove the middle 3.5" drive cage from the case to fit the card in. Not a huge issue, I wouldn't worry about it.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

So im planning on getting a G1 GTX 970 video card, and im also getting the best case i know of called "Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case" but the problem is that on pcpartpicker in the compatibility notes/check, it says and quote "The Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 430mm long, but video cards over 295mm may block drive bays. Since the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card is 312mm long, some drive bays may not be usable."  Now i dont know what any of that means. (im new to this stuff and know a bit of PC's except this) and i would like to know what it means. I am planning on getting a "Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer" for my PC just in case. (i say that because i think that its trying to say i cant use a DVD drive).  I am new to this stuff so if i did  something wrong or said something that did not make sense, sorry.  Also, any help would be appreciated.

Also, should i just simply get a new video card?

Basically whats going on is that most cases have the drive cages (the little modular boxes that have sleds to put your hdd/ ssd in) in the front, and in some cases having a long graphics card will require you to take out one or more of the drive cages to have enough room

You will still be able to use the dvd reader/ writer as that is further up and is usually not removable.

PS: the first picture, is with both drive cages still in the case, while the in the 2nd pic they have been removed to make space for the watercooling stuff

post-11673-0-40795800-1431193895_thumb.j

post-11673-0-84320400-1431193906_thumb.j

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

@Made In Canada

All it means is that you will probably have to remove the middle 3.5" drive cage from the case to fit the card in. Not a huge issue, I wouldn't worry about it.

Basically whats going on is that most cases have the drive cages (the little modular boxes that have sleds to put your hdd/ ssd in) in the front, and in some cases having a long graphics card will require you to take out one or more of the drive cages to have enough room

You will still be able to use the dvd reader/ writer as that is further up and is usually not removable.

PS: the first picture, is with both drive cages still in the case, while the in the 2nd pic they have been removed to make space for the watercooling stuff

thank you for the help, really cleared up the confusion.  especially with the pictures. thank you

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada