Why Do I keep Dropping Connection at Home?

Hey guys!

So I have a Samsung Chromebook issued by my school (You know, the crap plastic ones) anyway as far as the WiFI connection goes, at school, public library, and even my dad's work it's fine! No disconnects and constant speeds. However when I use my home connection I will get constant disconnects that force me to close and reopen my Chromebook, and sometimes (more often than not) lead to the Chromebook crashing and restarting. Although come to think of it, I don't recall this happening when I had it hooked up to my monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Any idea's as to why this would happen?

My router is a SMCWGBR14-N. The box says it uses 802.11n and it supports speeds up to 300 Mbps.

Some other info that might be helpful, My Chromebook is in Dev mode :/ don't think this affects anything though.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

If your other devices are not disconnecting when that happens, it's because the chromebook is having issues with your router, which isn't uncommon. I had the original chromebook, the one given out by Google, and wifi wasn't stable, in fact, it would actually crash my bet gear router every time it connected. That also happened at school and in the library.

If your other devices are not disconnecting when that happens, it's because the chromebook is having issues with your router, which isn't uncommon. I had the original chromebook, the one given out by Google, and wifi wasn't stable, in fact, it would actually crash my bet gear router every time it connected. That also happened at school and in the library.

No other devices are affected or experiencing this problem. Any known fixes?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

No other devices are affected or experiencing this problem. Any known fixes?

I stopped using my chromebook because of it. However, a couple months ago, I pulled out my chromebook to see how much Chrome OS has changed over the years, and wifi seems to have been fixed, but performance is unbearably slow. Bootup is no longer the 12 seconds that it was- it was close to a minute. Before, using one tab didn't lag as bad, but now everything lags. You can try submitting a bug report to google and hope they fix it in an update. 

I stopped using my chromebook because of it. However, a couple months ago, I pulled out my chromebook to see how much Chrome OS has changed over the years, and wifi seems to have been fixed, but performance is unbearably slow. Bootup is no longer the 12 seconds that it was- it was close to a minute. Before, using one tab didn't lag as bad, but now everything lags. You can try submitting a bug report to google and hope they fix it in an update. 

Ok. Thanks. It's almost summer so I guess I won't have to deal with it too long. :/