Keyboard issue

FunkyFeatures
Go to solution Solved by blackadder,
yup, i think that what he meant. Did you contact roccat support, they got back to me in a day.

Hello

I have had my Roccat Ryos MK Pro (MX Brown) for about a year now. Recently, it has begun to doubletype letters. For an example, the letter s is especially bad at doing it. Very often, when I type 1 S, it types two of them. What can I do to fix it? Do I have to RMA it? (would prefer not)

Example: Ssuper annoyinng typingg (of course exaggerated)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I'd take a look at your keyboard settings and see if there's anything abnormal there. If there isn't, then I'd probably go and methodically test each key for double-registering.

Are you able to RMA it, even though it's been a year?

Sig under construction.

I'd take a look at your keyboard settings and see if there's anything abnormal there. If there isn't, then I'd probably go and methodically test each key for double-registering.

Are you able to RMA it, even though it's been a year?

I have tried to methodically test it, typing each key about 50 times. It doesn't do it there, only when doing normal typing. Also, the S key feels different than the others

Yes, I am able to RMA it after a year. In Denmark, we have "Reklamationsret" which is a law that requires webshops to give us a two year warranty if the product fails within that times.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I have tried to methodically test it, typing each key about 50 times. It doesn't do it there, only when doing normal typing. Also, the S key feels different than the others

Yes, I am able to RMA it after a year. In Denmark, we have "Reklamationsret" which is a law that requires webshops to give us a two year warranty if the product fails within that times.

Okay. I'd make sure that the connections are okay, and if it still doesn't work I'd try to RMA it.

Sig under construction.

Okay. I'd make sure that the connections are okay, and if it still doesn't work I'd try to RMA it.

Connections as in..? Usb cable? I might try and test it out on the laptop, USB seems weird on my home built pc, 1 defect, cable stuck on motherboard itself. I am using the rear USB ports btw, so can't be the front panel.

@Tedster ?

yup, i think that what he meant. Did you contact roccat support, they got back to me in a day.

Not yet. I am pretty sure i need to contact the webshop first though :)

I will do it when i come home later