Xbox one wired controller for PC?

FunkyFeatures
Go to solution Solved by DryzonDigital,

I've been using an Xbox One controller for months now as my primary PC gamepad! Just grab a micro-usb cable with it (same as your smartphone probably) and download the drivers here:

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/05/pc-drivers-for-the-xbox-one-controller-available-now/

Will the XBox One controller (the wired one) work as plug and play for GTA V on PC? I need a controller, been trying desperately for years to get the ps3 to work, but it just doesn't. I am about to order a controller, but I don't want to order something that doesn't work anyways.

Will it work for the majority of games on PC?

Edit: Does 37£ also sound like a fair price for it? I live in Denmark, and it is about the cheapest place I can get it.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I've been using an Xbox One controller for months now as my primary PC gamepad! Just grab a micro-usb cable with it (same as your smartphone probably) and download the drivers here:

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/05/pc-drivers-for-the-xbox-one-controller-available-now/

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

ANY xbone controller will work, you just need a micro usb cable, and yes 37$ is totally worth it

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Will the XBox One controller (the wired one) work as plug and play for GTA V on PC? I need a controller, been trying desperately for years to get the ps3 to work, but it just doesn't. I am about to order a controller, but I don't want to order something that doesn't work anyways.

Will it work for the majority of games on PC?

Edit: Does 37£ also sound like a fair price for it? I live in Denmark, and it is about the cheapest place I can get it.

Yes, it will work, still xbox one controller is wireless, but u can only use it with pc in wired mode.

You can use the xbone controller just plug the wire in and download the driver. After that it's just like a normal xbox 360 controller with some minor change. Here's a video about it if you want to know more

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Yes, it will work, still xbox one controller is wireless, but u can only use it with pc in wired mode.

http://www.proshop.dk/Spil-tilbehoer/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Wired-Controller-Cable-for-Windows-2460238.html

It looks very wired to me?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Please remember to give an end to posts by choosing the best answer.

Just pick one of the 54 people that answered the same question in the same way haha

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

Sure, that's ok.

I just saw people mentioning that it was not wired, and that I had to use my own cable, kinda confused me. So the cable is not stuck onto the controller, but can be taken off?

Holy fkin derp.. :D "Microsoft Xbox One Wired Controller + Cable for Windows" My bad =)

Please remember to give an end to posts by choosing the best answer.

Just pick one of the 54 people that answered the same question in the same way haha

Will do ;)