HDD mounting Support on the back of Define R5

Hey guys.
So, Does the Fractal Design Define R5 supports 3.5" HDD drives on it's backside ? If not directly, can it support them with brackets or something ?

Hey guys.

So, Does the Fractal Design Define R5 supports 3.5" HDD drives on it's backside ? If not directly, can it support them with brackets or something ?

As someone who has tried this you can only mount them vertically not horizontally like the Define S as the motherboard tray has a rolled edge which would prevent you from plugging the drives in even then you still need a custom plate to be able to do it. I've been there done that I just mounted my HDD's to my PSU shroud instead.

About the vertical mount, is the cable connection a problem ?

and what kind of bracket would you need for something like that, can you please give a link or something 

About the vertical mount, is the cable connection a problem ?

Vertically there should be no problems.

and what kind of bracket would you need for something like that, can you please give a link or something 

I've got a pic of what I did. Also quote what I've said so I get notified.

post-112743-0-05996100-1431179667.jpg

Vertically there should be no problems.

I've got a pic of what I did. Also quote what I've said so I get notified.

attachicon.gifhdd plate.jpg

What mechanism did you use there to mount the drive ?

Seriously can't see what you did there.

What mechanism did you used there to mount the drive ?

In the picture I used a piece of 3mm acrylic with industrial strength velcro to hold it in place you can also use thin metal as well. I currently have an aluminium panel there now to hold my reservoir. If your going to do this you will have to do it yourself as there is no bracket. I can give you the dimensions of the panel to save you time if you like.

In the picture I used a piece of 3mm acrylic with industrial strength velcro to hold it in place you can also use thin metal as well. I currently have an aluminium panel there now to hold my reservoir. If your going to do this you will have to do it yourself as there is no bracket. I can give you the dimensions of the panel to save you time if you like.

That would be great

Width - 167mm Length - 300mm be aware that the length won't reach to the top of the case you will have to add on to it if you want it to cover from top to bottom the width however shouldn't change.

thanks man