Motherboard dillema

I dont know if there is a post, but: which to buy: Asrock z87 extreme 6. Has XFast RAM, XFast LAN and XFast USB and purity sound technology.

Or GIGABYTE Z87X UD4H which has some retartedly fast usb 3.0 and it is a awesome overclocker, has someone got good experiences?

Well one is Z77 and one is Z87, so it depends on the CPU you are putting in it...

The Asrock Z77 is a ivy-bridge motherboard where the Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H is a Haswell motherboard. 

Depends which CPU you're getting. 

The Asrock Z77 is a ivy-bridge motherboard where the Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H is a Haswell motherboard. 

Sorry, i meant for both to be z87, i will be getting haswell, ignore the z77 i meant z87

I did edit up there :P

For those that are to lazy to scroll up :) ASROCK EXTREME 6 Z87 VS GIGABYTE Z87X UD4H

Not entirely true :D

Z77 is a chipset for a socket 1155 mainboard which works for both Sandy- and Ivy-bridge.

Z87 is a chipset for a socket 1150 mainboard which works for haswell and haswell refresh and probably broadwell

On Topic:

I wouldn't choose my motherboard depending on the software gimmicks. Choose which one has all the connectors, ports and hardware "gimmicks". If both got them, choose them depending on looks. You will probably soon discover that their software stuff is mostly for show and trash it. And the halfway decent stuff can be replaced by even better dedicated software.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

ASRock software stuff is useless and crap, I know this because I got them with my mobo and after a good month and uninstalled all of them.

ASRock software stuff is useless and crap, I know this because I got them with my mobo and after a good month and uninstalled all of them.

Yes it is, but my ASRock mainboard is decent :D

The same probably applies to gigabyte.

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I would look at something from Gigabyte, MSI or Asus. I would personally stay away from Asrock. 

I would personally stay away from Asrock. 

Why?

Not entirely true :D

Z77 is a chipset for a socket 1155 mainboard which works for both Sandy- and Ivy-bridge.

Z87 is a chipset for a socket 1150 mainboard which works for haswell and haswell refresh and probably broadwell

On Topic:

I wouldn't choose my motherboard depending on the software gimmicks. Choose which one has all the connectors, ports and hardware "gimmicks". If both got them, choose them depending on looks. You will probably soon discover that their software stuff is mostly for show and trash it. And the halway decent stuff can be replaced by even better dedicated software.

Shhh... I probably should of added more detailed information in my post :P 

ASrock is fine, they make good quality mobos, in fact a couple years ago they had the best overclocker for a certain platform, can't remember which now.

Get which ever looks better aesthetically, seriously. 

Why?

Not saying that Asrock makes bad motherboards, I just find that MSI, Gigabyte and Asus make better stuff and I know that I can trust them. 

ASrock is fine, they make good quality mobos, in fact a couple years ago they had the best overclocker for a certain platform, can't remember which now.

Yes, they used to do only cheap / low cost. But in the last couple of years they released some quite good upper tier mainboards.

Not saying that Asrock makes bad motherboards, I just find that MSI, Gigabyte and Asus make better stuff and I know that I can trust them. 

That's because Asrock used to only make low-end motherboard, and to be fair those were still amazing mobos for the price. Now they do cheap motherboards as well as high-end and the high-end mobos are up there with MSI, ASUS, and Gigabyte in terms of quality, performance, and features. They don't really make low-quality products, just low cost. They are great if you're on a budget. 

Not for the same money they don't. At least with Z77 this was the case, didn't compare the Z87 prices yet.

But i got to say for their Z87 lineup MSI, Gigabyte and Asus have some awesome looking stuff.

That's because Asrock used to only make low-end motherboard, and to be fair those were still amazing mobos for the price. Now they do cheap motherboards as well as high-end and the high-end mobos are up there with MSI, ASUS, and Gigabyte in terms of quality, performance, and features. They don't really make low-quality products, just low cost. They are great if you're on a budget. 

That's true, Asrock has really been on fire on the recent years but Asus, Gigabyte and MSI are still my "Go-To" brand. 

The Asrock extreme 6 looks like a better option dual intel nic, 2 usb 3 headers on the board (4 usb ports, comes with  Front USB 3.0 Panel with 2.5" HDD/SSD Rack), wireless if u go for the extreme6/ac for $10 more on newegg, 10x sata 3 (6 gbps) instead of 8 on the gigabyte and personally the color scheme is much much better than the red on the gigabyte. 

That been said both should perform very good since both brands make awesome boards.

Which ever one you decide to go with, I'm inexperienced with ASRock so I would have to recommend going with Gigabyte since it's Gigabyte, they make some of the best boards.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ok, now i will buy extreme 6 from asrock, it has awesome features that boost your PC speed up to 5 times and has lot of other features that prevent your system from crashing, this mobo is awesome for 189 dollars. Im really fascinated by asrock and i will use all of its features

Ok, now i will buy extreme 6 from asrock, it has awesome features that boost your PC speed up to 5 times and has lot of other features that prevent your system from crashing, this mobo is awesome for 189 dollars. Im really fascinated by asrock and i will use all of its features

DON'T! It's all just marketing bull and bloatware. It's full of lies. For $189 you could have a nice Gigabyte or MSI board. Take it from an owner of an AsRock motherboard.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

DON'T! It's all just marketing bull and bloatware. It's full of lies. For $189 you could have a nice Gigabyte or MSI board. Take it from an owner of an AsRock motherboard.

My friend has an asrock motherboard and ive seen some nice features, why do you think i shouldn't buy the mobo? I like their xfast 555 feature!

I've never had any dealing with ASRock but for some reason they don't seem to be the last word in quality though I could be wrong.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

MSI Z87 G45/G65 are both very nice boards. My G45 overclocks extremely well.

Although overclocking with Haswell is basically luck of the draw with your cpu. I achieve 4.2 Ghz with 1.1v with the stock cooler.

Their UEFI bios is really nice also, tons of features. Easy updates.

I'm not sure if your near a Microcenter, but they had the G45 on sale for $90. Not sure if it's still going on.