Help overclocking an I5 750 on an Asus P7P55D-E PRO?

Hey everyone,

So, I've been doing computer stuff for a while now, but I haven't really ventured in to much overclocking beyond the automatic options.

So, has anyone had any experience with the P7P55D-E Pro? I know Linus has some videos for overclocking, but I'm still a bit confused as to which voltages to alter and how to fix it/recognize it if I push it too far...

Any advice would help!

Thanks!

If you have a good cooler you should be able to get 4.0 Ghz with about 1.45v. I'd recommend something like 3.8 Ghz at 1.3v. Just depends on how your chip runs.

To recignize if you have pushed it too far is very easy. The first and most obvious is that your computer dosent start. If that happens then just do a soft reboot of the bios. if you get into windows, then you use a program that test for instabiltiy a good program for that is prime95(http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205) run the blend test. The way you recognize if you have pushed it too far is if prime95 tells you it found an error or the computer freezes and bluescreens.

If your overclock is unstable there are two thing you can do either increase your voltage(Vcore) or decrease your multiplier untl prime95 does not show any errors.

Intel burn test is a quick way to test if the overclock is semi stable. I generally use it before running a more extended test like prime95 to check if the overclock has any stability to speak of.