Holograms!!!

So this is a very interesting kickstarter that I happened to see when I was randomly checking kickstarter today. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lifesizehologram/life-size-hologram?ref=category Check this Kickstarter project out it's rather awesome and I would LOVE to have a smart watch connected with my phone with some kind of bone vibrating technology so I can call people and see a miniture version of them appear on my smart watch:) And I won't even mention the gaming applications of this! or how relaxing it would be to fall asleep in an outdoors holorecording. Also if remember correctly AMD mentioned something about holograms several weeks ago. It was featured on one of The Teks, so if anyone has a link it would be appreciated.

Edit: I found the AMD article I was talking about: http://phys.org/news/2013-03-holodeck.html

This looks really interesting and exciting. There would be a massive array of functions and uses for these holograms.

What first pops to mind:

IMG_3334.JPG

lol, But seriously I think the tech is interesting although personally I prefer a moniter.

What first pops to mind:

IMG_3334.JPG

lol, But seriously I think the tech is interesting although personally I prefer a moniter.

SHINEY!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

What first pops to mind:

IMG_3334.JPG

if it comes to calling people I would actually rather use a hologram to see them. Also imagine having a hologram intergrated into your room. Like doing homework in a virtural version of the Ebon Hawk while playing some Pazzak with Atton:) (yeah I'm a star wars nerd) I think room virtualization would be really cool and would definitly be one of those things I would do with this tech.