Capture video and display video on TV

fredsmith

Hi guys/ladies!

I am trying to capture video from my TV into my laptop and need your help. I've never messed around with capture cards before. 

Now i realize that it would be as simple as buying a capture card and plugging the HDMI cable into my TV and the USB into my PC.  However, in this situation, I have another laptop that will be streaming video into the TV, and I am trying to capture the video being streamed into anther laptop at the same time that the video is being streamed.  So i have 2 laptops and a TV, one laptop streaming video to the TV and the video is being captured by the second laptop.

I am looking at a capture card like this. Also, since my TV has no output HDMI, would I need a splitter like this to use output 1 to display video on TV and output 2 to capture the video on the second laptop?

I really appreciate your help!

Have you considered using a screen capture program on the laptop that is streaming the content to capture the streamed video on the first laptop as this would be much cheaper than buying a capture card. Depending on what you are streaming you could try some browser plugins to download the flash or html video stream directly.

The Cake is a Lie...

You don't need TV for the capture part at all. What you need, is way to split or run-through video signal from 1st laptop. So the setup would be same as all of the other setups with PC with thing to be streamed and another machine for doing encoding.

Laptop#1 -> audio/video signal -> capture card or splitter -> TV // Laptop#2.

Edit: The capture card you have linked already has ability to be used as pass-through. So no need for splitter.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv