Does Overclocking A GPU Void The Warranty

Shaan5
On 5/6/2015 at 10:49 PM, Shaan5 said:

I have a G1 GTX 970 and have recently Overclocked it without any issues(As far as I can tell)

And I'm wondering if I have possibly Voided my Warranty

I have not messed with Voltages

Just Power, Core and Memory

I've heard people say that it doesn't and people say that it does

Thanks

No it will not, as you are not modifying the card in any way, by adjusting settings that are unlocked to the user. Hell EVGA will honour warranty even if you've swapped coolers, as long as you return the card to stock before sending it into them. Anyone telling you that it will void your warranty, therefore, are NOT speaking the truth. First, a GPU vendor would never be able to tell that you ever OC'd in the first place. Second, they really don't care, as unless you're card is obviously heat damaged or something, then any OC clearly didn't kill the card. Third, a lot of vendors straight up let you do what you want, as they realise that you're gonna do it anyway, and they like to keep customers. Fourth, modern cards are designed to not let a user blow them up, as they'll throttle themselves or even shut down an entire system, before allowing any damage to be done to themselves. Fifth, if you're using an Nvidia card with GPU boost (dunno about AMD), it will effectively overclock itself anyway, if thermal conditions etc allow, so a vendor would never know whether the card had OC'd itself, or if you had done it manually.