Need Power Cable

GamerCentral
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

Essentially, my problem is every power supply cable I have is 10A >. The PSU only supports 7A to 3.5A (due to the low wattage).

I'll look and see at a DIY store

I'll make sure to keep you guys updated!

:)

if it fits, it sits, the cables are rated 10A, because they have to be by regulation.

the socket they plug into are rated for 10A, meaning the cable has to be rated that as well.

So, this is my first time exploring the forums. I'm glad I have xD.

Ok, lets get on with it.

Here's my system specs:

PSU: SeaSonic 400W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

CPU: AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor

MoBo: ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard

RAM: G.Skill NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

My problem is that I don't have any cords that will work with the PSU. My first one was DOA. But this is brand new. Let me know if you find a cord for it. I'd appreciate it.

You can choose really anything as long as its not $1337 ;).

Gamer

System Specs

Windows 10 Home x64 AMD A10-7850k APU ASUS Strix R7 370 Overclock Edition 2GB | Corsair CX500M ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ G.Skill Ares 2x4GB

Accessories

Corsair K70 RGB | Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Kraken PRO

Any normal PC power cable should work.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

all you need is a simple PC cable. super easy to get.

I have like 12 lying around :P

They are pretty cheap, if you don't get any for cheap >$10, I could sell you one.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Essentially, my problem is every power supply cable I have is 10A >. The PSU only supports 7A to 3.5A (due to the low wattage).

System Specs

Windows 10 Home x64 AMD A10-7850k APU ASUS Strix R7 370 Overclock Edition 2GB | Corsair CX500M ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ G.Skill Ares 2x4GB

Accessories

Corsair K70 RGB | Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Kraken PRO

if it fits, it sits, the cables are rated 10A, because they have to be by regulation.

the socket they plug into are rated for 10A, meaning the cable has to be rated that as well.

The 10A rating on a cable is the MAX amount of current that cable can handle.  If your PSU 3.5A-7A, you'll be fine. 

The amount of current pulled through the cable is dictated by your components, not your cable

CPU: Intel i7 5960x @ Stock         GPU: Asus Titan X @ Stock         Cooling: Swiftech H240-X                      OS: Windows 8.1                 Monitor: Asus PB287Q 28"

Motherboard: Asus X99-E W        PSU: Rosewill Photon 1200W     Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB                   SSD: Intel 730 240GB         Headset: Crappy turtle beaches

RAM: Dom Plat 3200 (4x4GB)      Case: Corsair 760T Black            Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma      HDD: WD Black 4TB            Speakers: none atm