Big water case options

f5alcon

I just bought a 4790k because of the Amazon sale, didn't even buy a motherboard and want to do a new system rather than upgrade my existing. I want to buy something that will last through multiple upgrades, unlike my HAF 912 which is too small to internal water cooling. Right now it will be a CPU and single GPU loop but once 4,5,8k is reasonable and if DX12 scales multiple cards better it could be a dual, triple, quad SLI build.

I plan on starting with a 360mm rad, but maybe a 420 or dual 240 would be better. If I end up with a lot of GPUs I could need a lot more radiator surface area.

Cases I am looking at:

Define S or R5. Can do Top and Front 360 rads or top thin 420. R5 loses drive bays to fit rads. weighs about 18 lbs

H440 supports top and front 360 rads, not sure about both at once. 21 lbs

H630 supports top and front 360 rads 30 lbs

ethoo luxe or primo supports push pull 360s rads in top and front, weigh 35 and 40 lbs, which is a real killer, loaded with water this thing will be a beat to move to drain for maintenance.

Corsair 780T dual 360mm rads 25 lbs

Pretty much any case from case labs, most expensive, but not super heavy and can add casters to roll it around easily.

Are there any good options that I am missing?  

900D?

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Thermaltake Core X9 $169.99 if I remember correctly.

tt_core_x9.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Haf 912 is not to small, my much Smaller ft05 is custom water cooled

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Enthoo Pro/Luxe

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

tt_core_x9.jpg

I second this. i know that is what I'm going with for my next build.

I second this. i know that is what I'm going with for my next build.

If I had the money, I'd be getting that and making a custom loop. Hard tubing of course.

Haf 912 is not to small, my much Smaller ft05 is custom water cooled

It is possible sure, especially if I mount external rads, internal rads get much tighter and I have to pull drive bays to get a front rad installed. 

If I had the money, I'd be getting that and making a custom loop. Hard tubing of course.

i don't think I'm going to do hard tubing for my first big water cooling set up, but i might.

i don't think I'm going to do hard tubing for my first big water cooling set up, but i might.

I would.. I'd also make a fill tube and bleed tube, with valves on the ends. Finally get a system with no bubbles in it. My last attempt failed miserably. Had a large bubble in it that couldn't be gotten out because of the absolute piece of sh*t that the Larkooler pump/res is.

I would.. I'd also make a fill tube and bleed tube, with valves on the ends. Finally get a system with no bubbles in it. My last attempt failed miserably. Had a large bubble in it that couldn't be gotten out because of the absolute piece of sh*t that the Larkooler pump/res is.

i haven't done a custom loop yet. i plan to next year with my new build. i just have issues with water-cooling graphics cards since they will get replaced quicker than the other parts. but the next build is going over the top so i will probably do it that time.

i haven't done a custom loop yet. i plan to next year with my new build. i just have issues with water-cooling graphics cards since they will get replaced quicker than the other parts. but the next build is going over the top so i will probably do it that time.

Yeah if I was gonna do that I'd have to have a titan X or.......4

Yeah if I was gonna do that I'd have to have a titan X or.......4

oh man the money.

tt_core_x9.jpg

I am going to try and wait for the white edition they just announced