760t simple modding questions.

Strike1st

Hello folks.

I recently got my 760t from a local store dirt cheap and wanted to modify this case a bit for my X99 build.

As you can see, there is a magnet led that is attached to the top of the case. I want to keep it but that would affect airflow since I will be installing radiator on top of the case.

So I came up with an idea to actually mod it so it stays 2-3 inches of the top with 4 bases on the corners.

Here is a pic to expain what I want to do better.

EIaXnOZ.jpg

Then I want to install and hide LED lighting strips under the magnet led to light the case from the outside. which should look extreamly cosmetic.

My questions is as follow:

1)How far should I highten the magnet led from the base to get better airflow without overkilling it. P.S. i want to go as low as possible.

2)I plan to paint the parts of the case green to match my components and my razer theme room. What is the best can sprayer you can suggest me? and is it removable?

P.S. my first time painting.

If the project succeded, I will be posting a pic after I assemble all the parts.

Sorry for the big pic :S

for removable paint you're definitely looking at plastidip. spray a few layers of that stuff onto your components and you'll have a spraypaint-grade look. but when you want to remove it you can just peel it right off again!

as for the airflow i wouldn't worry too much about the spacing. you've got a hole all around the intake, so i'd say about 2-3 cm would be enough for your radiator.

-SNIP-

Plasti-dip would be ideal for this situation since it's a removable rubber spray, as for holding it up and having LED's under it I would say leave about half an inch of space at least for decent airflow.