canned air

slifer

Okay so I need to clean my computer, its getting a bit dusty.. Costco has a 6pack of compressed air for 23.99 while other retailers sell one can for like 10$ Whats the best way to do this? Should I just buy the one can and call it a day? Or should I get the 6pack from costco? I was wondering if canned air has an expiry date or something.. Or what do you guys do to clean your computers with no canned air?

get the pack i dont think they expire i had a pack for 5 years and they still work

get the one with the best $ per oz that is what i would say i would think that would be the 6 pack

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

Get whatever saves money, one can doesn't last long, I just cleaned 3 fans, a dust filter, and my keyboard and my 12 oz can is gone.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

I use a Metro ED500 Electric Duster, when you are cleaning computers as much as i am constantly buying cans of compressed air is rather expensive.

Use an air compressor much cheaper because you don't have to buy air every time.

Use an air compressor much cheaper because you don't have to buy air every time.

how much?

how much?

For what? Can less air things are like $50 and a compressor I have no clue, the head I bought was $30 

For what? Can less air things are like $50 and a compressor I have no clue, the head I bought was $30 

are they safe for computer use?

are they safe for computer use?

the can less air are compressor is a yes and a no. Depends on the psi

the can less air are compressor is a yes and a no. Depends on the psi

so how high am i able to set the psi to?

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YWBGB6W2V06ZXYRDQ38

I would recommend using one of these instead of an air compressor.

Unlike a can of compressed air the pressure doesn't drop after 1 min of continuous use.

CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-EXPERT RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600 MHz GPU(s): EVGA GTX 980 Classified SLI Case: Coolermaster HAF X Storage: Samsung 256 GB 840 Pro, 2x2TB WD Caviar Black, 2x4TB WD Green PSU: Corsair AX860 860W Display: LG 31MU97-B 4K(4096x2160) and Dell S2716DG 27in 2K 1440p 144hz, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma and Death Adder Chroma Sound:Audioengine D1 Dac and Sennheiser HD650 Operating System: Win 10 Pro

so how high am i able to set the psi to?

Use what Moo Cow said, if you have to ask then it is best not to use a compressor. Very easy to seriously damage your PC.

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YWBGB6W2V06ZXYRDQ38

Unlike a can of compressed air the pressure doesn't drop after 1 min of continuous use.

You've gotta be super careful with air compressors though, since they create moisture in the storage tank which can travel down the air line.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

You've gotta be super careful with air compressors though, since they create moisture in the storage tank which can travel down the air line.

I have a tip/head that is for PCs. Was given one by an old boss as a thank you gift for saving his ass.

+1

I'm using that exact same thing. The upfront cost a bit high at first, but in the long run, it saves you money. Especially if you clean more than just your computer once every 6 months. (like consoles, laptop, other people's electronic devices, etc..) Canned air can be quite expensive...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I have a tip/head that is for PCs. Was given one by an old boss as a thank you gift for saving his ass.

That's pretty awesome. Would you happen to know what it's called? I need one of those for mine, i've been meaning to get around to researching the bit I require just i've no real clue what I am looking for there.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

That's pretty awesome. Would you happen to know what it's called? I need one of those for mine, i've been meaning to get around to researching the bit I require just i've no real clue what I am looking for there.

No clue, it is metal with a brush piece that slides on

No clue, it is metal with a brush piece that slides on

Ah okay, no worries. Thanks anyway!

+1

I'm using that exact same thing. The upfront cost a bit high at first, but in the long run, it saves you money. Especially if you clean more than just your computer once every 6 months. (like consoles, laptop, other people's electronic devices, etc..) Canned air can be quite expensive...

I'm not sure if I could justify the cost of those.. I only have to clean my computer. Everyone else in my family uses an apple device.. and I don't want to crack those open to clean it out :P my friends probably wouldn't pay me to clean their computers..

I'm not sure if I could justify the cost of those.. I only have to clean my computer. Everyone else in my family uses an apple device.. and I don't want to crack those open to clean it out :P my friends probably wouldn't pay me to clean their computers..

Well, Apple computers also get dusty, unless you mean iphones and ipads... But the laptops and the desktop machines should have air vents for cooling purpose, which can result in dust accumulation.

But yeah, if you only have your own PC to clean, and you don't live in a dusty environment, you can get away with cleaning it once or twice a year I guess. So a air can is probably better at that point cost wise.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well, Apple computers also get dusty, unless you mean iphones and ipads... But the laptops and the desktop machines should have air vents for cooling purpose, which can result in dust accumulation.

But yeah, if you only have your own PC to clean, and you don't live in a dusty environment, you can get away with cleaning it once or twice a year I guess. So a air can is probably better at that point cost wise.

Yup I know apple computers get dusty, but I never had experience taking apart an apple macbook or imac. Also don't have the neccesary tools to do so.. Plus they don't have complaints. Maybe if I had a couple computers to clean I could justify the cost of one of those.. maybe in the future! So I'm thinking about the 6 back of compressed air since people have said they don't go bad?

Keep in mind that this thing will likely last your entire life. You can also use it for other things as well. Shit, you could use it to dry your hair if you want. :P

CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-EXPERT RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600 MHz GPU(s): EVGA GTX 980 Classified SLI Case: Coolermaster HAF X Storage: Samsung 256 GB 840 Pro, 2x2TB WD Caviar Black, 2x4TB WD Green PSU: Corsair AX860 860W Display: LG 31MU97-B 4K(4096x2160) and Dell S2716DG 27in 2K 1440p 144hz, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma and Death Adder Chroma Sound:Audioengine D1 Dac and Sennheiser HD650 Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Keep in mind that this thing will likely last your entire life. You can also use it for other things as well. Shit, you could use it to dry your hair if you want. :P

would be a lil too cold to dry effectively I would suppose :P

would be a lil too cold to dry effectively I would suppose :P

Actually with the nozzle attached the blower creates enough internal pressure to heat up the air a significant amount. Not enough heat or airflow to dry your hair efficiently though.