F@H issues.

Hey, I don't know whether this goes in here or Trouble Shooting, but as its directly related to this field I've decided to drop it in here.

The issue I'm having started last night when one of my GPU's finished a WU, it failed to get another job (% done indicator on that gpu was stuck at 0%, CPU and 1st GPU was still going strong) so thinking the app was having a funny moment I restarted the computer to find the entire thing had gone down the shitter during the restart process. 

Anyway, I can no longer launch F@H, I've tried reinstalls and the whole works to get it going again, but for some reason it just doesn't want to launch, it appears to have a connection issue as when I launch the FAH viewer it just says connection : Trying.

(I've not installed anything since the first install, or done anything that would cause it to stop e.g change security / network settings), 

So, any ideas?

Uninstall, making sure to select the check to delete work units. Re-install. Then once running (or not) start the advanced view.

From there click on the Log tab. You can then isolate the log based on slot. Post back here and we can look at the log and try and figure out what is going on.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Uninstall, making sure to select the check to delete work units. Re-install. Then once running (or not) start the advanced view.

From there click on the Log tab. You can then isolate the log based on slot. Post back here and we can look at the log and try and figure out what is going on.

Do you mean this advanced view? If so it won't allow me to select the log tab. 

(I couldn't find any other sort of windows regarding advanced view)

post-56584-0-52305200-1430768609.jpg

do you have a anti virus? or firewall? if so make sure that everything of F@H is registered as safe because some anti virus or firewall blocks F@H. after that do a reboot of you're system. if that does not work tell me then we can go a step further.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Yes, the issue for some reason is the app isn't connecting. Until it can connect you won't have access to anything.

If you go through the FAQ there are some trouble shooting items, servers to ping, try browsing to the work servers.

If you click on the Configure button and than the Slots tab, do you see a GPU and/or CPU slot?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

do you have a anti virus? or firewall? if so make sure that everything of F@H is registered as safe because some anti virus or firewall blocks F@H. after that do a reboot of you're system. if that does not work tell me then we can go a step further.

I have AVG and MalwareBytes, completely disabled both of them, allowed access (again) and rebooted, unfortunately no luck.

Yes, the issue for some reason is the app isn't connecting. Until it can connect you won't have access to anything.

If you go through the FAQ there are some trouble shooting items, servers to ping, try browsing to the work servers.

If you click on the Configure button and than the Slots tab, do you see a GPU and/or CPU slot?

I managed to browse to the servers, and tried the one or two options in the FAQ pinned, but no luck. When I go into configure the only tab available is connection, I don't see anything called 'slots' tab or anything related to my GPU's and CPU?

I probably should have also mentioned earlier that the version I'm running is 7.4.4.

I have AVG and MalwareBytes, completely disabled both of them, allowed access (again) and rebooted, unfortunately no luck.

I managed to browse to the servers, and tried the one or two options in the FAQ pinned, but no luck. When I go into configure the only tab available is connection, I don't see anything called 'slots' tab or anything related to my GPU's and CPU?

I probably should have also mentioned earlier that the version I'm running is 7.4.4.

Close F@H

Ok go to the map C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient Make a config.xml file just in a text editor

And go or make this map to C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\configs  and ad a config client, and for this day this day, name it! config-20150504-235504.xml file just in a text editor

and place this text inside

<config>

<!-- Network -->

<proxy v=':8080'/>

<!-- Slot Control -->

<power v='full'/>

<!-- User Information -->

<passkey v='passkeyhere'/>

<team v='223518'/>

<user v='yourusername'/>

<!-- Folding Slots -->

<slot id='0' type='CPU'>

</slot>

<slot id='1' type='GPU'/>

<slot id='2' type='GPU'/>

</config>

Reboot system and open f@h

Where passkeyhere says place you're passkey you got inside the ' ' and you're username in the ' ' to. Made them red wat you have to edit.

And i saw in you're profile that you have a Crossfire Radeon 7970 OC please loose that OC while folding. and be sure to be on amd driver version 14.9 for maximum points on the 7970! because opencl is being a bitch with older cards.

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Close F@H

Ok go to the map C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient Make a config.xml file just in a text editor

And go or make this map to C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\configs  and ad a config client, and for this day this day, name it! config-20150504-235504.xml file just in a text editor

and place this text inside

<config>

<!-- Network -->

<proxy v=':8080'/>

<!-- Slot Control -->

<power v='full'/>

<!-- User Information -->

<passkey v='passkeyhere'/>

<team v='223518'/>

<user v='yourusername'/>

<!-- Folding Slots -->

<slot id='0' type='CPU'>

</slot>

<slot id='1' type='GPU'/>

<slot id='2' type='GPU'/>

</config>

Reboot system and open f@h

Where passkeyhere says place you're passkey you got inside the ' ' and you're username in the ' ' to. Made them red wat you have to edit.

And i saw in you're profile that you have a Crossfire Radeon 7970 OC please loose that OC while folding. and be sure to be on amd driver version 14.9 for maximum points on the 7970! because opencl is being a bitch with older cards.

Cheers for the reply, and sorry for the late response, I give your fix a go and its still not connecting, also thanks for the hint about under clocking my gpu's and changing my drivers back to 14.9. 

try open fahcontrol

go to configure then fill in your password

happen to me once, and it work

The difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys

try open fahcontrol

go to configure then fill in your password

happen to me once, and it work

Sorry, but that hasn't got it going. Thanks for the idea anyway!

try to reinstall F@H and when the option delete data comes mark that box and reboot and install F@H again.

try to reinstall F@H and when the option delete data comes mark that box and reboot and install F@H again.

I did this twice, using both advanced and express, the option to delete data did not appear in either option, so I basically went into the place where it wanted to install and deleted everything from that, it still is having issues connecting. Then I added your file on both installs, but nope. seems my computer just detests the idea of folding. 

EDIT:

Weyup, deleted all my temp files and random trash, somehow its now working...... any ideas on what was causing it?

i dont know. maybe a temp file was corrupt

i dont know. maybe a temp file was corrupt

Okay, in all seriousness the bloody thing has stopped working again, just went back to it now to check its status, all it says is it's connecting. Just been doing some uni work in the past few hours so no installs no nothing.......