AMP/DAC and IEM - Suggestions

LastThoughts

Hey Guys,

Although my HD598`s is sounding good with the onboard audio (Realtek ALC892), I`m thinking about buying a external AMP/DAC for around $100. The Fiio e10k seems a really good options, but maybe is something better is this price range. What do you guys suggest? If something really worth it and is above my budget, I`ll consider too.

Also, I`m looking to buy some IEMs for listening to music on the go. My budget is again around a $100. The Philips Fidelio S2 have some goods reviews on the HeadFi, so I`m think in getting  those. But the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears and the Shure SE215 are also a good option. What do you think is the best?

Thank you

Edit: I can stretch my bugdet up to $200, if something will make a difference like night and day. 

Rather than getting an amp/dac for hd598, I'd just upgrade the headphone to something like HD600 or K7xx, they simply have another level of sound compared to 598.

As for iem, se215 is decent, re-400 is good. There's GR07 bass edition

Rather than getting an amp/dac for hd598, I'd just upgrade the headphone to something like HD600 or K7xx, they simply have another level of sound compared to 598.

As for iem, se215 is decent, re-400 is good. There's GR07 bass edition

Hm...

My HD598`s is relative new (1 year old), so I`m not thinking about upgrading my headphones... They so much better than the HD598? Also the HD600 is 300 ohms, so I need AMP anyways. And the k7xx is not longer selling on the Massdrop (Maybe you are suggesting the k7xx family, so I will look into those).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I will looking into those IEMs.

Edit: The HD600 is $270 and the AKG702 is $300 on Amazon, so is a little out side of my budget.

Hm...

My HD598`s is relative new (1 year old), so I`m not thinking about upgrading my headphones... They so much better than the HD598? Also the HD600 is 300 ohms, so I need AMP anyways. And the k7xx is not longer selling on the Massdrop (Maybe you are suggesting the k7xx family, so I will look into those).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I will looking into those IEMs.

Edit: The HD600 is $270 and the AKG702 is $300 on Amazon, so is a little out side of my budget.

You could find a bit used K7xx in headfi for $200. HD598 sounded extremely rough for me, when i was using HD558. Clarity is just better overall. I could drive HD600 with my phone, so your motherboard should be fine driving that or K7xx :P

For item dunu Titan 1 that is one crazy good iem for its price range( and in general)

There is a lot of great options at that price range: 

If you want to spend a little more this is a really good option: 

Concerning the IEMs. I own the se215 and really impressed. The cable is kinda bulky though and it is pretty sensitive (just like most IEMs but yea). 

But I love 'em

There is a lot of great options at that price range: 

If you want to spend a little more this is a really good option: 

Concerning the IEMs. I own the se215 and really impressed. The cable is kinda bulky though and it is pretty sensitive (just like most IEMs but yea). 

But I love 'em

I really like those DAC/Amp that you suggested. Now is time to look into some reviews to decide which is best  :D.

Hm... A strong vote for se215. I`ll look more careful into those. Maybe I`ll love 'em too  :)