something a little bit different. HDD to AP to stream to tablet?

kinkywink

Hey guys long time since I've posted on here so here goes!

I'm wanting to have a hard drive filled with music/movies and all sorts, but I need to be able to access it from my tablet. 

whats going to be the easiest and cheapest solution for this?

what I've thought about so far.

seagate has a wireless plus hard drive series ranging from 0.5tb to 2tb, sounds easy enough - 200-250 dollars.

getting a hard drive connected to a router or access point then streaming to the tablet no idea of the cost so far ...

or see if there are any blue tooth options..

what do you guys think?

oh and there's one catch, it has to run off 12 volts as its going in my car, and I'll probably have to change the hard drive out for a solid state!

get creative!

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

In any way you need at least 2 12V outlets. I know a 2.5" disk can run off of 5V no problem, however 3.5" needs 12V. An access point usually uses around 8-12V at 1Amp. And you want all this to run off a car battery, how are you going to turn it off when you exit the car? You can't leave it running. I don't have time right now to write a long post, but your idea intrigued me....

In any way you need at least 2 12V outlets. I know a 2.5" disk can run off of 5V no problem, however 3.5" needs 12V. An access point usually uses around 8-12V at 1Amp. And you want all this to run off a car battery, how are you going to turn it off when you exit the car? You can't leave it running. I don't have time right now to write a long post, but your idea intrigued me....

i can either tap into cigarette light and splice in 2 more wires for the accesspoint and one for the hard drive. they run on a 10amp fuse. easy enough to put a on/off switch in so it doesnt drain battery

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

sounds like you want a in-car entertainment center..

they do have stuff like that pre-made

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

sounds like you want a in-car entertainment center..

they do have stuff like that pre-made

know of any links or anything? hard to find stuff in lil old new zealand