Nice "budget" case?

EcoBoost

Soooo I'm a girl... I like nice things :P I got some money today and I'd really like to put it towards something for my PC. I decided that I want a newer and nicer case then my current Inwin Mana 134. Although the front LED fans look really cool from the outside, the case is otherwise bleh, doesn't have a side window, and the front panel doesn't exactly go on properly any more. I'll also be looking for a nice-looking second-hand ATX 1155 mobo (preferably Z77 so I can upgrade to a K CPU and a good cooler later on), as well as getting Bitfenix Alchemy cable extensions as my PSU's sleeving doesn't go all the way to the end.

I've looked at a few options and found three that I like

A - NZXT S340

B - Fractal Define S

C - Silverstone PS11

Which one of these would you pick? Or do you guys have any other better suggestions? Please leave reasoning if you have a suggestion as well, it'd definitely help. 

Thanks! :)

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Which one of these would you pick? Or do you guys have any other better suggestions? Please leave reasoning if you have a suggestion as well, it'd definitely help. 

https://youtu.be/cQ4luP7QVHs?t=1m37s

jk xD

If you mean the windowed version of the PS11 then that's the one that I'd personally go for out of the three with an air setup. However as far as interior design the Define S will be the nicest IMO, but it seems like it'd look a lot nicer if the blank space by the front is actually filled with something. If you're going to be getting a dual rad later on to mount on the front then I'd go for the Define S.

"Rawr XD"

my pick will be the S340 White case

the Define S will be good when you remove all the drive cages and will be good for your cable sleevings to run

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I have the RoseWill galaxy-01 and its great if you make sure your cooler will fit.

Anything by Corsair is great

I think there is a pink Ostrog if that interests you...

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

ostrog_pink_0.jpg

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

ostrog_pink_0.jpg

Thank you.

also:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007583%20600462383%20600006337

(this is just a joke, i am not assuming your favorite color is pink OP)

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

jk xD

If you mean the windowed version of the PS11 then that's the one that I'd personally go for out of the three with an air setup. However as far as interior design the Define S will be the nicest IMO, but it seems like it'd look a lot nicer if the blank space by the front is actually filled with something. If you're going to be getting a dual rad later on to mount on the front then I'd go for the Define S.

LOOOOL

Haha, yeah I meant the version with the window. This one: 

Good point about the space in the Define S, I might get an AIO to put there in the future if I can find a Z77 board and some money to upgrade CPU later on, but for now it'll be nothing special as far as CPU cooling. 

I have the RoseWill galaxy-01 and its great if you make sure your cooler will fit.

I want something with a side window, but thanks for the suggestion

z

I'm actually not a fan of pink :P

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

I have the NZXT S340 right now... I love it other then the bottom filter is not great and the HDD mounts are hard to reach when you have your power supply in. (And I cant fit all of the water cooling stuff I want... I say that meaning a 360mm radiator, 240/280 and 120/140 will fit fine)

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

do you have a colorpreference? case/LED

Solitaire. 

do you have a colorpreference? case/LED

Nothing exotic. I guess that leaves black and white and between those two I'd choose black since I have more components that'd go well with a black case then a white case. I already have some cool looking red LED 120mm fans (NZXT FZ) that I'll move over, so I'll probably get a red LED strip to match as well.

@EcoBoost If you can try to go to Cambridge and go to the MicroCenter there, they have a lot of stuff you can browse in person.  

Nothing exotic. I guess that leaves black and white and between those two I'd choose black since I have more components that'd go well with a black case then a white case. I already have some cool looking red LED 120mm fans (NZXT FZ) that I'll move over, so I'll probably get a red LED strip to match as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144290&ignorebbr=1

^my recomendation

Solitaire. 

Has many fans, much room, very light, SUCH WOW

Solitaire. 

I'd prefer something more clean, the aggressive looks of the Mana hasn't really grown on me, so something more long the lines of a plain box like the S340 :)

I would go with the NZXT S340 because I like the looks of NZXT cases, in my mind they look cleaner and more professional, meaning not something a kid would buy for their first PC. I personally don't like LED fans or anything like that, I just like accent lighting in the case with a nice metal case that isn't brushed or look like plastic like some cases do. NZXT makes great cases and it also has a PSU cover on it so you can hide all of those cables. It is easy to work with and looks good. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Soooo I'm a girl... I like nice things :P I got some money today and I'd really like to put it towards something for my PC. I decided that I want a newer and nicer case then my current Inwin Mana 134. Although the front LED fans look really cool from the outside, the case is otherwise bleh, doesn't have a side window, and the front panel doesn't exactly go on properly any more. I'll also be looking for a nice-looking second-hand ATX 1155 mobo (preferably Z77 so I can upgrade to a K CPU and a good cooler later on), as well as getting Bitfenix Alchemy cable extensions as my PSU's sleeving doesn't go all the way to the end.

I've looked at a few options and found three that I like

A - NZXT S340

B - Fractal Define S

C - Silverstone PS11

Thanks! :)

Wait.. You're from NB?! Nos fallamos Portuguesa? I used to live by the state pier. Awesome. Blessing of the fleet soon, and then the festivals in Mattapoisette.

Anyhoo...The s340 from nzxt. Clean lines, still quiet. The define S doesn't have the sound dampening material of the case it replaces. The ps11....are you gonna have to look at it?

I support the s340...its solid, and beyond fairly priced.

my pick will be the S340 White case

the Define S will be good when you remove all the drive cages and will be good for your cable sleevings to run

What drive cages? :P

I guess if you plan on doing watercooling in the future I'd go with the Define S. The S340 would be fine for watercooling too but the Define S.. it was just made for it.

I have sick in my mouth right now.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

If you've an air cooled setup, the PS11 is what I'd go for. However, if you want the best looking case I'd take the define S with some watercooling in it, AiO or custom. The S340 is really nice, kind of a middle ground one f you ask me.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

jk xD

It's personal, of course, but I really like the design of the Define cases. It's so... Clean!

But I have to agree with the fact that the define interiors are really nice. They're really easy to build in!

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."