New & First Build (Micro ATX)

Jahvy

Hello everyone, I've decided on the parts i want to buy and put together for a compact Micro ATX build. So far all I've bought was the Corsair Obsidian 350D because I think its an amazing case and I'm not sure of all the other parts. My request is if anyone can analyze what I've picked and can spot any compatibility issues. Also, if anyone can spot any changes that are cheaper but work just as good (tight budget).  

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/IxAMxGHOST/saved/1VqZ

CPU: Intel core i5 3570K 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

MOBO: ASUS Maximus V Gene 

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3-1600 (2x4gb)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb 

Corsair Force Series GT 120Gb 2.5" SSD 

Video Card: Asus GTX 760 (Direct CU II) 

PSU: Corsair HX 650watt (Semi-Modular) 

Hello everyone, I've decided on the parts i want to buy and put together for a compact Micro ATX build. So far all I've bought was the Corsair Obsidian 350D because I think its an amazing case and I'm not sure of all the other parts. My request is if anyone can analyze what I've picked and can spot any compatibility issues. Also, if anyone can spot any changes that are cheaper but work just as good (tight budget).  

I see nothing wrong at all, should be an enjoyable setup, 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Corsair SSDs are poo get a 840 or something

Seagate Barracuda drives are a bit cheaper.

May want to look into a modular PSU but its not needed

Other wise, its good. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Other wise, its good. 

840 is crap, No one seems to realize this, The write speeds are terrible .... 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Other wise, its good. 

Why are Corsair SSDs poo?

Get a Sansung 840 SSD, and if you already going to buy an SSD why the Caviar Black?

With an SSD you ain't gonna get any high speed performance from the Caviar Black cause the computer only gonna go with the Ultra speed from the SSD 

Get a WD Blue or a Seagate Barracuda.

Use 1x8gb stick, if you're going to upgrade on the future you won't be limited to only 16GB.

The rest is just fine.

Get a Sansung 840 SSD, and if you already going to buy an SSD why the Caviar Black?

With an SSD you ain't gonna get any high speed performance from the Caviar Black cause the computer only gonna go with the Ultra speed from the SSD 

Get a WD Blue or a Seagate Barracuda.

Use 1x8gb stick, if you're going to upgrade on the future you won't be limited to only 16GB.

The rest is just fine.

I wouldn't get the 840, again write speeds are not very good...

Anything is better than a corsair, that just happened to come to mind

Why are Corsair SSDs poo?

Just not good. High RMA rate, very poor reviews, very unreliable all that kinda crap

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Just not good. High RMA rate, very poor reviews, very unreliable all that kinda crap

I would go with a OCZ, I have an Agility 3 120GB and it is flawless only problem I had was when my PC actually wouldn't properly utilize it,  it had nothing to do with the SSD it's self...

wtf?

Here is my version. http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=80363

My only real problem with it is that the AF 120mm fans have no static pressure and with the front panel on top of the fans the fans can barely get any air into the case. My case fan recommendation would be Be Quiet! silent wings 2. They are really quiet, look great, and make great case fans, but not cheap. PCpartpicker doen't have them listed yet for case fans  http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=80363

The rest is just fine.

The maximus v gene has 4 dimm slots

The maximus v gene has 4 dimm slots

He want's to use a 2x4GB kit and with that if he wants to upgrade and keep that he is limited to 16GB's 

Since when you're going to write often on a SSD ?  the only things that you write are usually the OS, applications, and a couple of games (those are only read process),

and even with a HDD all the games going to be stored on the mechanical hard drive.

That's why Samsung got the PRO series, cause if you work on heavy programs like 3D and Video rendering, they have lot of write and read process.

That's the ONLY cases you will be using a nice write SSD.

Since when you're going to write often on a SSD ?  the only things that you write are usually the OS, applications, and a couple of games (those are only read process),

and even with a HDD all the games going to be stored on the mechanical hard drive.

That's why Samsung got the PRO series, cause if you work on heavy programs like 3D and Video rendering, they have lot of write and read process.

That's the ONLY cases you will be using a nice write SSD.

I know for myself I do a lot of video work and rendering so I need that fast SSD... Most people would still appreciate the faster speeds when installing the OS and any applications also what I do, any Photo or Video work benefits from a faster SSD

He want's to use a 2x4GB kit and with that if he wants to upgrade and keep that he is limited to 16GB's 

Ok I see what he meant now.

I know for myself I do a lot of video work and rendering so I need that fast SSD... Most people would still appreciate the faster speeds when installing the OS and any applications also what I do, any Photo or Video work benefits from a faster SSD

i know that, i also work with video rendering a lot, i have a 840 PRO.

but for only gaming, he don't need a SSD with nice write speeds, only read speeds, the instalation of the OS (Wi7) is less than 30 minutes.

you can go watch a chapter of Adventure's Time or dinner and when you come back you can already go to ninite.com and install programs.

i know that, i also work with video rendering a lot, i have a 840 PRO.

but for only gaming, he don't need a SSD with nice write speeds, only read speeds, the instalation of the OS (Wi7) is less than 30 minutes.

you can go watch a chapter of Adventure's Time or dinner and when you come back you can already go to ninite.com and install programs.

I guess so, I was just mainly focused on bringing the best performance to the user.

Other wise, its good. 

I like these suggestions amy exact products i could be looking at for PSU?

CPU:  Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Microcenter) 

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($103.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard:  Asus Maximus V Gene Micro ATX  LGA1155 Motherboard  ($191.98 @ Amazon) 

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage:  Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($92.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card:  Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card  ($259.99 @ Amazon) 

Case:  Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ NCIX US) 

Keyboard:  Corsair Vengeance K60 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Mouse:  Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($57.24 @ Amazon) 

Total: $1289.22

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-14 12:43 EDT-0400)

Ok I understand the issues with the RAM and the SSD does anyone have any suggestions on what could be a better value? Price to performance on the SSD and RAM. I'm also thinking the western digital is overkill (am i wrong?) 

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010&Tpk=hx%20750&IsVirtualParent=1

Modular, Room for SLI in the future is you want it ?

Get a CX 750 or GX 700w, if you get another GTX 760 this will be necessary.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx750

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-power-supply-rs750acaae3us

Both are equally compared, I personally would go with Seasonc, best quality components, but if want to go cheap but with trustworthy brands, get one of those

Sorry for double post, can't add a quote when editing a post.

Ok I understand the issues with the RAM and the SSD does anyone have any suggestions on what could be a better value? Price to performance on the SSD and RAM. I'm also thinking the western digital is overkill (am i wrong?) 

Ram is fine if all you ever want is 16GB's if you want to go higher then that then you have to use 8GB modules.

SSD

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227915 - If you want more performance for video/photo/cad work.

or

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147192 - If all you do is game.