Windows 7/8 reinstallation and Windows 10

Tarzan

Hi,

Let's say I bought Windows 8 yesterday. When Windows 10 comes out, I upgrade for free. But, a year later, I need to do a clean installation of Windows. But I can't use the Windows 8 CD since I wouldn't be able to upgrade for free anymore (or would I?). I assume I would be able to download a Windows 10 ISO for Microsoft website. So, will my Windows 8 key will still be valid for Windows 10, since I already did the upgrade during the free year upgrade but considering the free year upgrade is now over?

Thank you,

T.

no i don't think you would be able to upgrade it after the year is over

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

If you upgrade during the initial 1 year period, you should get a new serial number, so you can still upgrade after the year has finished, if you need to do a clean install on the same system.

If you went to install windows 10 on a different system you would then not be able to (you would want to confirm with the License/EULA, I know my windows Vista License actually let you install it on a desktop and a laptop, not just the one system, I know he version of windows 7 and 8 that I have do not allow this) without a new license.