two Alphacool ST30 240mm rads to cool SLI 980s and 4770k?

Hey guys,

Will two 240mm Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper radiators handle two 980s and a i7 4770k all at stock? Not looking to overclock, just to keep things quiet. So 1,000rpm fans will be under-volted to 5v, so the'll be spinning at like 400rpm.

One rad will be push-pull the other just push.

thanks!

sure, even one better a XT45 280 could do the same.

since no overclocking, push/pull is not needed, just normal sub 1400 rpm fans.

With that hardware you would be okay if you aren't overclocking. However, if you play games like GTA5 or anything else rather intensive, you will have to turn your fans up to keep your temps in line. 400RPM would be fine for idle, but you may have too much heat to dissipate with such slow fans.

To those recommending the XT45, with low RPM fans, the ST30 and XT45 are about the same, so the ST30 would be better since it's less expensive.

Sean, depending on your case, I'd recommend getting a 360mm and 240mm radiator instead of two 240mm radiators, especially given how low you intend to undervolt the fans.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

240 rads are the biggest I can use. Im using an M-Atx case

since no overclocking will be done, the "watts" needed to control thermal ability so

your two st30 radiators will be fine.